• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how to get over Music?

Reaction score
salam..i just started this thread in response to many people who say MUSIC IS HARAM AND STOP LISTENING TO IT..
i dont agree with the MUSIC IS HARAM thing..but i beleive that we should try to keep away from it..read on to understand..u might think i am insane at some places..but this might help those who want to get over the music habit but find it difficult..
start by checking the fatwas below..
erhttp://www.islamawareness.net/Music/music_fatwa005.html
but we r intelligent enough to understand which song goes against our morals nd teachings..we r the ashraf-ul-makhlookat..check below
s http://www.islamawareness.net/Music/music_fatwa003.htmlacc
ohttp://www.siasat.pk/forum/member.php?10578-Serving-Islam&s=1f6c01430e6360ccb584b621d17d9495

what i mean to say is that we should have patience to keep away from the wrong music and if we require(doesn't make it compulsary)..we can listen to nasheeds and allowed music..the ones given in the above fatwa...
so now after looking above,,u will think that music is Halal..it might be.but.if u start listening to good music u'll get into music means u'll start visiting sites which provide music,,u might listen to some other music and like it..it might not be the good music we r talking about..and so Shaytan will encourage u more and more to get into that music..so done..You re addicted to music..
the reason i posted the fatwas above is not to encourage listening to music,,we humans get used to things slowly and steadily..saying MUSIC IS HARAM AND STOP LISTENING TO IT, will be too direct to some ppl who r crazily addicted to music..and they might think that Islam is unfair..people at that time of Prophets did listen to music,,but music at that time was not like music today..at that time..the songs were what we call, innocent,, but music today encourages behaviour that is not at all accepted in Islam..so what to do:
first delete all the songs that according to u r against Islam..and keep the good ones only..cuz if u just delete all in one go,,that would be very temporary and after a few days,,u will come back to music
and then,,while u think u r stressed and badly need music..read the Qur'an.or prostrate to Allah..that is sujood..beleive me..these two acts are among the best stress releivers..u will slowly get over your music habit and more closer to Allah..try this some time..and u will feel the effect..

all this comes from my personal experience..i was also badly addicted to music when i was around 16 but my parents made me understand slowly and steadily,,and today..i hardly listen to a Nasheed (totally left the songs) in months..i am still in the process...but can feel its progress..
INSHALLAH,,ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO LEAVE MUSIC JUST TO PLEASE ALLAH,,WILL ONE DAY GET OVER IT,,CUZ WE R TRYING THIS FOR ALLAH AND HE CERTAINLY WILL HELP US..
all those i have tagged here..i dont know if u listen to music or want to leave it..but am tagging u cuz u know many ppl here and can tag many others and plz do that..cuz i want to help..
shazmina knowitall10 FeLiX zoe cyclone94

Reaction score
How is it Haram?
Is singing Haram? Are Musical Instruments Haram?

thats what am saying its not haram..not all songs..some r good..but once u get into it..it leads u to things that r haram..Shaytan just looks for an oppurtunity to lead u t the wrong..u may start listeninig to naats and nasheeds..but end up listening to western pop and rock..then thats wrong and Shaytan has lead u to this..dont stop it completely..no banning in Islam..Islam is very practical..but just stay away from songs with wrong lyrics..nd slowly and steadily..u'll be done..look at me been trying for two yrs now..but still sometimes feel like listening to nasheeds..with music..but i feel the progress from the time when i was crazilly addicted..