• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9702 W15 paper 22?

how was it?

• very easy

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • easy

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • meh

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • hard

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Meh. Left 4 marks, and pretty sure I got 3 wrong. So 7 marks gone. I don't even know how many I got wrong. I might get in the 30s this time, max.

Reaction score
Meh. Left 4 marks, and pretty sure I got 3 wrong. So 7 marks gone. I don't even know how many I got wrong. I might get in the 30s this time, max.
30s max??? why?
I used pi r squared to do the volume of the spheres fml
and the L1 question I forgot about the internal resistance

Reaction score
i finished in 40 mins but i have quite a few in my class who didnt finish as well

Reaction score
30s max??? why?
I used pi r squared to do the volume of the spheres fml
and the L1 question I forgot about the internal resistance
I didn't even consider internal resistance. tbh, I didn't use any numerical figures to answer the L1/L2 questions :/

Reaction score
I didn't even consider internal resistance. tbh, I didn't use any numerical figures to answer the L1/L2 questions :/
You shouldnt, but you should realise battery now supplies more current, aka more lost volts, aka lower terminal pd, so lower pd across L1, so lower current. I said no effect because i didnt consider that. Everyone i know did it like me and we thought we are all correct then I had a thats so raven flashback and ruined the mood for everyone
why didnt i think of it during the exam fml

Reaction score
You shouldnt, but you should realise battery now supplies more current, aka more lost volts, aka lower terminal pd, so lower pd across L1, so lower current. I said no effect because i didnt consider that. Everyone i know did it like me and we thought we are all correct then I had a thats so raven flashback and ruined the mood for everyone
So I got that wrong as well. That entire question was like, what, 8 marks?

Reaction score
So I got that wrong as well. That entire question was like, what, 8 marks?
3 man!!!!
it was like a) was like whys the terminal pd not 12 (2 marks) here you would say cos of lost volts
then b)i) switch 2 is closed, what happens to current in L1 (2 marks) here you say terminal pd decreases so less current
b)ii) what happens to resistance of L1 (1 mark) no effect

Reaction score
3 man!!!!
it was like a) was like whys the terminal pd not 12 (2 marks) here you would say cos of lost volts
then b)i) switch 2 is closed, what happens to current in L1 (2 marks) here you say terminal pd decreases so less current
b)ii) what happens to resistance of L1 (1 mark) no effect
So I lost 2+1=3.

Reaction score
You are talking about 2nd electricity question?

Reaction score
Threshold surely has to be on the floor for this one? Can't see more than 35-37 when so many found it difficult and how harsh the time was for the length and difficulty of the paper.

I'm pretty happy with how it went - I found it easy, a bit confusing and testing, but I found it easy if you didn't factor the time - the time was a serious pain though but I just about finished on time.

I'm worried about the Voltage across AB one - I got the correct answer but I think I used a different method.

Rest was very good thankfully.

Reaction score
Threshold surely has to be on the floor for this one? Can't see more than 35-37 when so many found it difficult and how harsh the time was for the length and difficulty of the paper.

I'm pretty happy with how it went - I found it easy, a bit confusing and testing, but I found it easy if you didn't factor the time - the time was a serious pain though but I just about finished on time.

I'm worried about the Voltage across AB one - I got the correct answer but I think I used a different method.

Rest was very good thankfully.
it was 4V pd
then what happens to Vab ----> it increases
it doesnt matter how you got it