• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry 42?

how difficult was chemistry 42

• Total voters
Reaction score
it was ok....but messed up......i guess 24 hours are up so i think we can discuss.........what was the answer to the NMR spectroscopy??....what compound did you get?....also the question about the colour of the transitional complexes?....and the equilibria question too.....what was the type of reaction where the huge organic compound was split??.....damn too many doubts :(

Reaction score
The brits couldnt even print the nmr Peaks properly. That made it really confusing. But thank god i completed the paper with 15mins in hand. so the compound had an arene,an acid group and an amide group too :D

Reaction score
The brits couldnt even print the nmr Peaks properly. That made it really confusing. But thank god i completed the paper with 15mins in hand. so the compound had an arene,an acid group and an amide group too :D

The compound was an arene but it didnt have an acid or amide group. It was a benzene ring with a -CH2-Cl group and an -OH group attached to it.

Reaction score
idk if it couldve been arene...arene with OH attached would've gone far off deshielded to 9-10 PPM? :/ Khair im sure mine isnt right either so chill hi hai :p

With cold NAOH only the COOH would react, with hot NAOH COOH and 2 benzene OH would react and hydrolysis also.

Reaction score
idk if light blue ppt is important to list or not, but since it was aqeous an intermediate of Cu[h2o]2[nh3]4 would be formed....

also the split happens because of dz2 and dx2-y2 which are close to bonding pairs causing them to go to higher energy level, whereas these orbitals are not present in s-orbital compounds.

for drugs the monomer was i think di-carboxyl group acid and the joining/cross-link forming compound was di-hydroxyl compound.

for NMR questions idk the compound but Cl was element, and 7 carbon atoms.

Reaction score
idk if light blue ppt is important to list or not, but since it was aqeous an intermediate of Cu[h2o]2[nh3]4 would be formed....

also the split happens because of dz2 and dx2-y2 which are close to bonding pairs causing them to go to higher energy level, whereas these orbitals are not present in s-orbital compounds.

for drugs the monomer was i think di-carboxyl group acid and the joining/cross-link forming compound was di-hydroxyl compound.

for NMR questions idk the compound but Cl was element, and 7 carbon atoms.
Yes I wrote the same thing but my compound had a benzene ring with a OH and a CH2Cl. Was it a condensation r addition polymerisation? ?

Reaction score
Wat ws da answer for the qus wer they askd fr da reagents and condition to convert it to a nitrobenzene??

Reaction score
i cant recall whether he was asking about the cross links or polymer...but if it was addition how come he never showed us any double bonds :/