• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry 42?

how difficult was chemistry 42

• Total voters
Reaction score
i cant recall whether he was asking about the cross links or polymer...but if it was addition how come he never showed us any double bonds :/

The main chain polymer couldn't have been a condensation polymer because there was no functional group. It just had -COOH side chains. And the question showed unreacted side chains to make it easier to identify the cross links.

Reaction score
Actually i have an idea on the buffer question..i didnt manage to solve it there but im guessing we had to get H+ conc from pH, then use Ka to find conc. of acid for that H+, then use the conc. of acid given to derive the volume needed of the solution, then add the remainder with salt solution to make it up to 100cm3.

And as far as the polymerisation question goes, idk man, i mean COOH do polymerise between themselves..e.g ethanoic acid turning into glacial? :/

Reaction score
condensation. He gave it away by saying small molecule is formed [which is h20 btw]
Evn I wrote condensation and dn watr but many othrs said it ws addition.
i think it was addition. when he said about a small molecule being released, wasnt he talking about the crosslink? the molecule was released during the cross link formation, but the actual polymer was addition. thats what i think :D