• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
The was definitely Mn and Al + ions in Q1
And periods in the periodic table represent no of outer shells so what ever was in period 4, I wrote down as having 4 outer shells.

Btw, even if it was Ca, both Ca and mg have 4 outer shells as they are in the same period.

Reaction score
Do one thing guys jus write on google about mercury in electrolysis !! u;ll be sure that it is a weak electrolyte :) !!!and option D is 100 % ryt :)
mercury does not pass current...:|
i had this in pps
plus my guess it would be either solid bromide or option C

Reaction score
but didnt the question say that lamp lit least bright. lamp will not even lite up wid solid lead bromide.

Exactly. Mercury was the answer.

And what did you guys do to the mass of products in reaction. I wrote down they remained the same as no products increased and mrr had to stay the same.

Reaction score
wat is the answer to the mcq question abt methanol where almost 3 answers seemed right. it was either question 37 or 38

Reaction score
and in ppr 2 wat were the conditions nd reagants to change methanol to methanoic acid?
nd the 1st question of section B, now was it a redox reaction? i had difficulty in finding which substance was reduced nd which oxidised

Reaction score
mercury does not pass current...:|
i had this in pps
plus my guess it would be either solid bromide or option C

SAME I had it in the pps and it said that it is a weak electrolyte it didn't referred to anything lyk not passing current :/ !! while mercury is an electrical conductor u can check anywhere dude !! no offence :)

Reaction score
and in ppr 2 wat were the conditions nd reagants to change methanol to methanoic acid?
nd the 1st question of section B, now was it a redox reaction? i had difficulty in finding which substance was reduced nd which oxidised

Gain and loss of electrons was occurring so redox.

Last part, acidified K2Cr2O7 and room temp.