• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
h0w d0es the percentile system actually w0rk?...like if it bec0mes l0w, can a A turn int0 an A*?.....like can v really rely 0n percentile?

Its actually pretty complicated. First they compare the paper with last year's paper, if it was harder this year than last year, they set low mark boundaries for each grade, if it was easier this year than last year, then they increase the mark boundaries for each grade. e.g if last year's paper was easy, and this years paper was hard, they may drop the mark boundary for an A* in theory from 68/75 to 66/75. This is threshold indicator 1.
Once the grade boundaries are set, they check the average percentage of candidates who obtained an A*, say for e.g 12% of the total students obtained A*s. Then they check the average marks on which the 12% of the students obtained A*s for e.g if the average marks turn out to be 65/75, then the percentile drops further and 65/75 is set as the minimum passing mark required for an A* rather than 66/75. This is indicator 2.
They then average the results of all indicators, recheck many times and distribute the grades according to them.

Reaction score
I found p1 and p2 both pretty difficult. It was probably because I didn't study much. However all my friends and a lot of people in my hall were extremely happy. They were like this is the easiest ever blah blah blah...
Really tensed about Chemistry:(

Reaction score
Paper 2 question 2 - White PPT was of Zinc Hydroxide, right?

Reaction score
I found p1 and p2 both pretty difficult. It was probably because I didn't study much. However all my friends and a lot of people in my hall were extremely happy. They were like this is the easiest ever blah blah blah...
Really tensed about Chemistry:(
same with me... i feel that because of consecutive 3 exams, i couldn't study and revise very well.. paper was easy but i dont think that my performance was satisfactory :cry: anyways Habunallaho wa ni'mal wakeel

Reaction score
Q.2 PRECIPITATE = ZINC HYDROXIDE
METAL = ZINC
COLOURLESS SOLUTION = AQ. ZINC NITRATE
YESH. My answers are correeecct xD
And what was the ionic quation?
Zn2+(aq) + OH-(aq) --> Zn(OH)2(s)?