• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry p42?

how was the paper

• super easy

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • easy

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • average

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • hard

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • very hard

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • it was a nightmare

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hi, for the bond energy of chlorine radical, did you divide bond energy of chlorine by 2?
no discussion is allowed before 24h but i`ll atleast say this. i think what you are saying only applies to the atomisation enthalpy.

let X J be the bond energy of bond X-Y.regardless of whether another bond is breaking or forming, X J is required to break 1 mole of the bond X-Y and thats it.

Reaction score
no discussion is allowed before 24h but i`ll atleast say this. i think what you are saying only applies to the atomisation enthalpy.

let X J be the bond energy of bond X-Y.regardless of whether another bond is breaking or forming, X J is required to break 1 mole of the bond X-Y and thats it.

will i get marks for calculations?

Reaction score
so what did you guys get as pH , mass in partition coefficient question and enthalpy change for chlorine and iodine question?
and also for the two organic questions what did you get as the OTHER products?
i wrote nacl and nh4oh( 1 H missing to form h20)

Reaction score
The most stupid quest was that 3 mark organic when u add oh u just had to replace one nucleophile :p I gues I messed up ph and some other minor stuff
That 4 mark lowry bronsted question was just pathetic couldn't get it till the end
Overall the paper was stupid or just coz my bad luck the little stuff that I didnot study came I fell sorry about ph it was like I did everything correctly and then I prayed that I get this right and I think messed up right after that :( hope so gt would be around 64-68

Reaction score
The most stupid quest was that 3 mark organic when u add oh u just had to replace one nucleophile :p I gues I messed up ph and some other minor stuff
That 4 mark lowry bronsted question was just pathetic couldn't get it till the end
Overall the paper was stupid or just coz my bad luck the little stuff that I didnot study came I fell sorry about ph it was like I did everything correctly and then I prayed that I get this right and I think messed up right after that :( hope so gt would be around 64-68

hope its even lower coz mine was messed up alot

Reaction score
hey guys how many mol of naoh was added in the pH question was it 0.3 or 0.03?

Reaction score
I think what I remmb was that it was 0.3 or .03 bit was in the same digit ratio ad the acid like either it was .5 or .05 coz there was large amount of base added as I remmb there may be problem just what I remmb :)