• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How Was Chemistry Paper 22, MAY/JUNE 2017?

Reaction score
I think these were the points
Increase in temp will shift the equilibirum towards the RHS
Because forward reaction and endo
Hence %of HBr decomposition increase

Reaction score
I think these were the points
Increase in temp will shift the equilibirum towards the RHS
Because forward reaction and endo
Hence %of HBr decomposition increase
this might be good enough for 2 marks. It clearly asked for le chatlier's principle as far as i can remember.

Reaction score
What was the nucleon number for Fe? I forgot xD
Secondly what was the answer to high boiling point of unchained hydrocarbons?

Reaction score
What was the nucleon number for Fe? I forgot xD
Secondly what was the answer to high boiling point of unchained hydrocarbons?
Unbranched hydrocarbons have a higher boiling point. In unbranched hydrocarbons, molecules are closer together compared to branched hydrocarbons. Unbranched hydrocarbons have stronger V.W. forces between them which are harder to overcome compared to branched hydrocarbons, so unbranched hydrocarbons have a higher boiling point. Just my answer. Not sure if good enough for 2 marks.

Reaction score
Unbranched hydrocarbons have a higher boiling point. In unbranched hydrocarbons, molecules are closer together compared to branched hydrocarbons. Unbranched hydrocarbons have stronger V.W. forces between them which are harder to overcome compared to branched hydrocarbons, so unbranched hydrocarbons have a higher boiling point. Just my answer. Not sure if good enough for 2 marks.
I wrote that unbranched can overlap each other, increasing the molecular forces and bla bla.... lets see

Reaction score
These were the simple points
Unbranched structure have larger surface area
Therefore more vanderwaal forces hence higher amount of energy needed to overcome these forces

Reaction score
What did you guys wrote in that Bond strength effecting the decomposition percentages?

Reaction score
Hbr bond strength greater than HI due to short bond length and greater overlap of orbitals hence electrons are closer to nucleus
yeah i wrote the same thing that HBr has greater bond energy than HI because HI has a greater bond length which reduces the attraction of nucleus with the bonded electrons and so with the same amount of energy the HI bonds will break in more amount as compare to HBr due to lower requirement of energy for HI bonds to break.

Reaction score
Expecting around 54-55,i screwed up the easiest part to calculate isptope mass where answer was required to 6 sig figs.What was its answer?

Reaction score
Expecting around 54-55,i screwed up the easiest part to calculate isptope mass where answer was required to 6 sig figs.What was its answer?
I dont know exactly but the answer was around 10.9940 something this isnt an accurate value its just my rough estimate of what i remember.