• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry paper 22

Reaction score
what was the question exactly?what 'covalent' chloride dissolves in water and conducts electricity?? i have a feeling they didnt say covalent :p CIE wouldnt ask such a complicated question for 1 mark.
haha...but the question indeed was to name a COVALENT chloride which conducts when in solution.

Reaction score
what was the question exactly?what 'covalent' chloride dissolves in water and conducts electricity?? i have a feeling they didnt say covalent :p CIE wouldnt ask such a complicated question for 1 mark.
I clearly remember them asking for a covalent chloride

Reaction score
i was making the other person chill man u r making me chill while i was trying to chill another person who was not chilling :confused:

Reaction score
K floats on water , doesn't sink ! and C i dont think it actually does form a pi bond :/ isnt it single bonded ?
Only Group IV elements like C which has 4 valence electrons can form pi bond through sp3 hybridization.

Reaction score
what did u write for covalent chloride ?
i wrote Phosphorous //

but i think it wud have be Beriliyum chloride , which is covalent , dissolves in water , and also forms conducting solution
i hope for phosphprus too xD XD
Only Group IV elements like C which has 4 valence electrons can form pi bond through sp3 hybridization.

dude y take risk with carbon when you know oxygen has a double bond -_-