• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry paper 22

Reaction score
Well if they asked for colored flame.. I don't think they mean a white color flame included.. since then that will include all the oxides.. any thoughts A star?

Reaction score
Well if they asked for colored flame.. I don't think they mean a white color flame included.. since then that will include all the oxides.. any thoughts A star?
White is not classified as a colour in the mark schemes.
I remember the examiners refuted Mg once in the pastpapers.

Reaction score
i wrote IClhas the strongest dipole as the difference between the electronegativity of chlorine and iodine is the greatest
is that right?

Reaction score
u needed to state colour of flame right it only discluded few elements magnesium might be accepted its upon the examiners discretion and upon the ms i guess

Reaction score
well i wrote phosphorus didnt go to any risky element what made u guys choose a risky one:/

Guys I wrote Na :/ not appreciating that a co-valent chloride was asked :/ and Al is wrong . I collected from diff Mark schemes that Na and Mg dissolve in water but Al to S all chlorides react!
It was v.v.tricky H seems to fit all the conditions, many of us would not even think of that!

Reaction score
Guys I wrote Na :/ not appreciating that a co-valent chloride was asked :/ and Al is wrong . I collected from diff Mark schemes that Na and Mg dissolve in water but Al to S all chlorides react!
It was v.v.tricky H seems to fit all the conditions, many of us would not even think of that!
it said dissolved to form a solution but my friend HCl also disociates when dissolves in water it also reacts toform H3O and Cl- so in this respect no element shown was right

Reaction score
what was the question exactly?what 'covalent' chloride dissolves in water and conducts electricity?? i have a feeling they didnt say covalent :p CIE wouldnt ask such a complicated question for 1 mark.

Reaction score
I think i wrote Si for that is it write?