• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was maths P32

Reaction score
anahita16 said:
!! I got only one too!!! but there were two :cry:
confirmed that wid my teacher

I'm pretty sure there was one. There couldn't have been two acute angles, were there two, one would have been obtuse.

vaishster said:
yehh... we hav 2 find a =1 .... wat ws thhe second part of the q ??

Oh that. You were required to find the two real roots. It's the second quadratic factor you obtain. The one given doesn't give any real root. I think it was -1 and -3.

Reaction score
one answer was 10.sumfng...the other, which i got, was sixty sumfng.I'm not gonna be consoled till I see the ms with my own eyes. :O: :cry:

Reaction score
10? Are we talking about the same question?

First part where you had to transform into a double angle?

Anyway, forget it. There are other papers to prepare.

Reaction score
Yeah.
I lost a mark due to trigonometry in P1 too. I had doubts right in the exam hall itself for p3, for the last part of the trigo question carried 5 marks, a bit too much for one angle only but I could not find any mistake or missing value back then. Now when I discussed the paper with friends and teacher...phew. Trigonometry is just not my thing I guess. Anyway you're right, let's just forget it.

Reaction score
vaishster said:
wt question r u talkin bt .. ill tel u the answer

The one where the first part we had to convert in the form R(cos x-alpha).
R=root 10
alpha= either 72 or 57 i forgot.

Reaction score
Yes, same question Anahita. There was only one answer. I'm pretty sure. I discussed it with others too. Between 0 and 90 degrees. Perhaps your friends missed the domain?

What did you get Vaishter as final answer?

R and angle are the same for me.

Reaction score
any one remembers the question no. 3 and 4 please post it here...
and the vector part, i got 1/3 for the lambda, others got 3/8 :(

Reaction score
Nope. There were 2 answers for that trigo question. Both within the domain 0<theta<90.
it was Root 10 cos(2theta - 71.6)= 2
so, cos(2theta - 71.6) = 2/Root 10
2Theta - 71.6 = 50.77 OR -50.77, as cos(-x) = cos(x)
Theta = (50.77+71.6)/2 OR (-50.77+ 71.6)/2
Thus, Theta = 61.2 AND/ OR 10.4.

Kinda sucks when you miss something like that.
Anyway, Auragirl!
You mentioned earlier that your answer to the last question, the one about the greatest value for Arg Z for the points within the circle
to be 2.3 radians or arouuund, 132 Degrees.
Are you Sure?! I mean, REALLY sure? :p Because that's exactly what I wrote, and it's the only question I'm unsure of.

Reaction score
adzino said:
any one remembers the question no. 3 and 4 please post it here...
and the vector part, i got 1/3 for the lambda, others got 3/8 :(

Hmm, Lambda = 3/8 for sure. I substituted back into the original equation and it fit like a charm. Hard Luck, man. :/
And Questions 3 and 4? Hmm, where they the ones about Polynomials and Differential equations?

Reaction score
yea the differential eqn one i gues...
polynomial i did it right i guess . a=1
x= -1, -3

Reaction score
MW24595 said:
Nope. There were 2 answers for that trigo question. Both within the domain 0<theta<90.
it was Root 10 cos(2theta - 71.6)= 2
so, cos(2theta - 71.6) = 2/Root 10
2Theta - 71.6 = 50.77 OR -50.77, as cos(-x) = cos(x)
Theta = (50.77+71.6)/2 OR (-50.77+ 71.6)/2
Thus, Theta = 61.2 AND/ OR 10.4.

Kinda sucks when you miss something like that.
Anyway, Auragirl!
You mentioned earlier that your answer to the last question, the one about the greatest value for Arg Z for the points within the circle
to be 2.3 radians or arouuund, 132 Degrees.
Are you Sure?! I mean, REALLY sure? :p Because that's exactly what I wrote, and it's the only question I'm unsure of.

Oh noo... yes, you are right. I just checked on a graph plotter! :cry: At least 2 marks gone. And I thought I finally made a perfect score for this one. :cry:
Sorry Anahita, you were right. Hm, I guess the friends I asked made the same silly mistake.

Yes, I'm sure 2.30. 132 too is good.

Thanks, for clearing about the trigo. :cry:

Anyway, the rest of the crying later. I gotta catch up in Stats. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Not me mate...my friends were right!!! Even I was vehemently defending my 61.2 as the only ans. But when I substituted the other value in the equation, I did get 2.
This sucks...

MW24595, yeah I remember that answer, it was 2.3005, 2.30radians to 3 significant figures!