• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Maths?

Reaction score
what abt locus question? how much was DP?
oh and what about question 3b. in which it asked how many squares can be obtained form the shape...
I got 48
Similarity was the bomb. And I messed up in sequences as well. Ugh.
transformational matrix guyz... wat was that?

for locus i got 2.0something
i think i got much less than 48 for squares....
Similarity i got 3, 13.5 and 4.5 (think all are good :cool: )

Sequences there's a small doubt - when it asks you 'the value of the term' should i give the term, or the term's answer?
Messed up for transformational matrix - was a stretch

Reaction score
how was it paralelogram , a straight line , when translated gave , a rectangle shape , although parallelogram is correct , but i got answer like wise
and if it had been parallelogram , why wud the examiner give ..2 marks for Finding the area , when base and height was known. .
I did 0580 so none of those questions came :p

Reaction score
it was 12
because ..total Area was 48cmsquare
and We had to cut square of length 2 cm , meaning Area as 4cm square and so
total no. were 48 / 4

Do you just have to calculate, like you did, or do you have to draw it to know? I drew the squares along each side.

Reaction score
Why 12? When you draw the squares you get only 10. I dont think you just have to calculate. Because some space is left.
no.. you have to calculate area of square = 4 area of the figure then divide it. you get 12

Reaction score
Why 12? When you draw the squares you get only 10. I dont think you just have to calculate. Because some space is left.
i too think that it is 10!! initially i got 12, but then when i draw small squares i got 10!

Reaction score
now that i consider the question once more.... i think indeed the answer is 10
cuz when you divide, it will try to fit the squares into the diagram by splitting it....
you have to draw it to know.... just like in volume thing.....

messed up.....:(:cry::( answer was 10

Reaction score
I hope I make my point clear here. I'm not saying that I'm right. I'm just trying to explain how I got 10 as answer.

10301_297388967040309_745819964_n.jpg