• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was paper went of CHEMISTRY 5070/22

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what parts we had for the lithium question? The one in section B where we had Carboxylic Acids bonded with Na and K?

Reaction score
r
Hmm, I wrote the same values, then why did I get 50? hmm, well atleast I'll get something for the correct procedure right? XD
I'm sorry it was of one mark,only correct answer would score,no procedure.Maybe you wrote 2.33 instead of 2.93?That would give 50%....

Reaction score
Umm, Well in the hydrolysis of carbohydrate, I wrote Alcohol, though it might seem stupid, but I searched the net and saw that hydrolysis of starch forms alcohol which is also a carbohydrate. :I
Dude what was the answer of the that percentage yield second part?
i also wrote ALCOHOL :D :p

Reaction score
And what was the answer of the part in which we had several grams that produced 400 cm3 H2?
I wrote Caesium and Atomic mass 133 since it's answer was the closest to 400cm3

Reaction score
And what was the answer of the part in which we had several grams that produced 400 cm3 H2?
I wrote Caesium and Atomic mass 133 since it's answer was the closest to 400cm3
Well that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL.Francium is below caesium in any case.
We had to divide 400 by 24000 to obtain moles.Then multiply them by 2 to obtain moles of the metal.Then divide mass(0.233) with moles 0.333 which gave us the answer 6.99 which can be rounded off to 7.

7 is the Ar of Lithium so that was the answer.

Reaction score
:/
Wht abt mcq abt never element Combusting to give incomplete combustion or smthing like tht...I chose CO
me too same CO
It asked which of them wud react to NOT produce carbon if m not wrong. So I chose the alcohol as it reacts with oxygen to produce carboxylic acid which isnt carbon :D but then again it said 'combustion' so m not really sure... What did you write Proud otaku ?

Reaction score
No. It's incorrect. Starch itself is a carbohydrate. Question referred to the hydrolysis of carbohydrate. So it was simple sugar.

I wrote ''Sugars''.. Will i get the mark? :/

How was your paper? How many marks you expecting?

Reaction score
I wrote ''Sugars''.. Will i get the mark? :/

How was your paper? How many marks you expecting?
Sugar CAN be correct. It was an easy-to-go paper for me. My friends were saying it was lengthy and difficult. I completed it 15 minutes earlier. I'm hoping to get more than 65. What about u? How did it go for you?

Reaction score
It asked which of them wud react to NOT produce carbon if m not wrong. So I chose the alcohol as it reacts with oxygen to produce carboxylic acid which isnt carbon :D but then again it said 'combustion' so m not really sure... What did you write Proud otaku ?
So there u have ur answer...CO is a reducing agent(strng one) hence oxidises....carbon will not be produced

Reaction score
Sugar CAN be correct. It was an easy-to-go paper for me. My friends were saying it was lengthy and difficult. I completed it 15 minutes earlier. I'm hoping to get more than 65. What about u? How did it go for you?

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_y14_sy.pdf

If you look at the last point of the syllabus it clearly mentions ''Simple sugars''..
Because even starch is a complex sugar. Cellulose too. They're all sugars.

So will they accept just ''Sugars''? Or will i lose the mark here?