• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was papper 9701 / 12 chem MCQ ?

How was papper 9701 / 12 chem MCQ ?

• Easy

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Hard

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
mine was good

Ionic or van der Waals'? xD apparently there was a debate about no. 1 in our class
Your volume of NH3 generated being?
The last 2 organic questions (no 39-40), what were your answers?

It was okay too for me.. but I now know I got 1 wrong.. and it was a stupid mistake.. There was this one question about an organic compound CH3CH(CH3)=CHCOCH3 being able to be made from propanone.. Apparently I thought what reactions should propanone undergo to synthesize that compound instead, when the real question is what reactions can the organic compound undergo? Such a silly mistake but haven't found any others..

Expected GT?

Reaction score
It was easy (y)
Ionic or van der Waals'? xD apparently there was a debate about no. 1 in our class

It was okay too for me.. but I now know I got 1 wrong.. and it was a stupid mistake.. There was this one question about an organic compound CH3CH(CH3)=CHCOCH3 being able to be made from propanone.. Apparently I thought what reactions should propanone undergo to synthesize that compound instead, when the real question is what reactions can the organic compound undergo? Such a silly mistake but haven't found any others..

Expected GT?
Ionic. (Same debate in our class too) :p
39 - A 40 -A (same debate.. :p)

What was that answer?? :p
GT - 30-32

Reaction score
Easy, with maybe a few questions being a bit tricky.

Expected GT?
Van Der Waals, obviously.

Reaction score
It was easy (y)

Ionic. (Same debate in our class too) :p
39 - A 40 -A (same debate.. :p)

What was that answer?? :p
GT - 30-32

I answered ionic, 39B and 40A..
B being because the one in no 3 could produce two organic isomeric compounds when heated with H2SO4.. Some of my friends also answered B..