• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was phy p11

how was it?

• hardest paper cie ever arranged

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • it was okayish

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • easy

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you remember most questions? I really forgot, the middle part. Lot's of intensive calculations, but there were lots repeated like the density x and 2000m, I got D for that it is an identical question in one of the papers, thank god i solved it in the morning

I can remember some.
What was answer to that ball being dropped from a metre rule 80 cm above ? It asked what was its kinetic energy after being bounced.

Reaction score
I can remember some.
What was answer to that ball being dropped from a metre rule 80 cm above ? It asked what was its kinetic energy after being bounced.

I skipped that, i had no time I skipped 2 and that itself, I think we had to just find v first and then I had to think what we should be doing with the EK value given, maybe find mass would work but then the bell rings unfortunately, there were just too many values for that it confused me. What about the rest though what else you remembered? I am pretty sure of I'll get 34 or 35 all are easy and repeated

OH YES I could have got mass first with the EK given then EK after is mgh with h 45cm, I'll regret this for life

Reaction score
I can remember some.

What about the object falling through medium of constant density, which were the two factors we had to determine? Was it speed or something like that, remember?

Reaction score
What about the object falling through medium of constant density, which were the two factors we had to determine? Was it speed or something like that, remember?

I cant remember that very well. Care to elaborate the question? I remember one question about free falling bodies. I chose acceleration decreases

Reaction score
I cant remember that very well. Care to elaborate the question? I remember one question about free falling bodies. I choose acceleration decreases

I think I did C, Speed will increase obviously but then stay constant, and then acceleration decrease yeah because resultant force will decrease and eventually zero it was C for that I am sure, that was my thought so I simply circled

Reaction score
I think I did C, Speed will increase obviously but then stay constant, and then acceleration decrease yeah because resultant force will decrease and eventually zero it was C for that I am sure, that was my thought so I simply circled

I remember it was written:
Acceleration decreases as the drag force increases. Wasnt that what was written

Reaction score
It was okayish; frankly I could have studied a bit more. The work, energy and power questions screwed me up, and I guessed 5 questions. I'll probably get something like 26 - 27, which should be like a low B I'm hoping?
in this paper 27 i guess it would be a very high B or even an A

Reaction score
what did you guys get for the two trains, the express one and the one carrying goods, was the time 40?

Reaction score
I skipped that, i had no time I skipped 2 and that itself, I think we had to just find v first and then I had to think what we should be doing with the EK value given, maybe find mass would work but then the bell rings unfortunately, there were just too many values for that it confused me. What about the rest though what else you remembered? I am pretty sure of I'll get 34 or 35 all are easy and repeated

OH YES I could have got mass first with the EK given then EK after is mgh with h 45cm, I'll regret this for life

Yeah. First, find mass with KE, the use mgh to find the energy at 40 cm. I don't really remember, but wasn't there more to this questiton? Didn't the tell you to find the loss in speed?

Reaction score
I got D, both travel same distance and same time but then one is accelerating and the other is steady

I think it was 400m. Not sure if A, B, C or D. I had 2 more papers after Phy, so I was concentrating on them only.

Reaction score
Yeah. First, find mass with KE, the use mgh to find the energy at 40 cm. I don't really remember, but wasn't there more to this questiton? Didn't the tell you to find the loss in speed?

You actually should know that the KE after is caused from having speed and that leads it to a height of 45 cm so mgh where h is 45 cm is what we want, I was one equation to finish it I had to mark random on that. :cry:

Reaction score
You actually should know that the KE after is caused from having speed and that leads it to a height of 45 cm so mgh where h is 45 cm is what we want, I was one equation to finish it I had to mark random on that. :cry:

Yeah. It will be fine Insha-Allah

Reaction score
What about the question in which there was a voltmeter in series of the circuit? You remember the full question and answer?

Reaction score
What about the question in which there was a voltmeter in series of the circuit? You remember the full question and answer?

Here buddy

Attachments

• IMG-20130611-00102.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20130611-00103.jpg
    595.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Here buddy

No no no. The one where it was in series. I don't really remember choices A and B, but C was "Voltmeter reads x Volt." I forgot how much volts it was. And D was "Meter reads zero." I think A and B were about ammeter