• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHY P33?????

Reaction score
Ohk someone tell me or pm me my answer

i averaged time from stop watch (stop watch least count was 0.01)
t1 = 4.14
t2= 4.16

avg t1 + t2 /2 = 4.15s

took this value as t - time of fall

while calculating percentage uncertainty i used the absolute error as 0.02 (adding 0.01 and 0.01) - instead of 0.01 what majority did

Did i screw up ? :| should i have use 0.01 as abs. error ? but i did show the averaging of two ts ..

Reaction score
One more thing if your constant k is wrongly calculated
are you credited for your explanation of relation between k ?

Reaction score
thank you thank you

BUT ME QUESTION !!

t1 = 4.14
t2= 4.16

avg t1 + t2 /2 = 4.15s

while calculating percentage uncertainty i used the absolute error as 0.02 (adding 0.01 and 0.01) - instead of 0.01 what majority did

Did i screw up ? :| should i have use 0.01 as abs. error ? but i did show the averaging of two ts ..

???

Reaction score
well the y-intercept has to be positive i got negative :( our examiner tld us after the exam nd even the equation said so
i got gradien 1.1 is it right nd it has to be 0.1s for the uncertainty coz its human reactio time its given in examiner reports as well

Reaction score
Guyx plx confIrm? was da gradIent +ve or -vE!! thats damn too confusINg!! havent recIeved any confIrmation yet!!
and does ECF goes on In thIS practIcaL??

Reaction score
umer khan said:
xarak said:
lol...my gradient wuz compplleettlly retarted....it wuz 8.6 x 10^-16 nd y intercept wuz positive!!rest all paper wuz gewd!!nd wt were we suppose to rite for the justify the number of significant figures for k??

mine y-intercept was also positive ...... but my gradiant was even crazier 232.??? :(

chalo koi to hai mere saath =P...i thot i wuz the only one!

Reaction score
yeah nd one more thing...wt were we suppose to ryte on the x and y axis..i wrote 10^2 ,10^4... 2 cms etc on x axis nd 0.01 on yaxis 4 cm...i noe im wrong..pllz confirm!=(

Reaction score
Okay so i did the variant about just a series of resistors...that was really too easy.....and then the second part was about oscillations with a short and long tube....i was also done in like an hour.......so did anyone do this one??.....my gradient was exactly 4.0.....and my y-intercept...was like 0.002.... and i did convert all my readings to ampere....anyone here to discuss???

Reaction score
I m sure on 1 thingthat the absolute error using a stop watch is always taken as .1 to .2 seconds since human reaction error is involved u can chek marking schemes. as for the least count it is only used in things like metre rule or measuring cylinder if any1 can have a reaction time of 0.01 seconds than he has super speed it is impossible. so the error for time is at least 0.1 and maximum 0.2 i dont think taking 0.4s is a good idea.

Reaction score
Ab.R0xi0uS said:

t1 = 4.14
t2= 4.16

avg t1 + t2 /2 = 4.15s

I did the same thing. i averaged 3 values 0.03.