• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHY P33?????

Reaction score
Well uncertainty is actually :

Smallest division on the instrument u r using/ur reading .. !!

Most watches have divisions of 0.1 but in digital it is 0.01... So all of u r correct.. it isnt something that u always have to take the same value!

Reaction score
For such questions you can use any value from 0.1-0.4 seconds, although most preferable is 0.2

Reaction score
ooo...... ok....... then it does matter...... im givingall the pprs... so p4 it is.....

Reaction score
i dnt think i did my question 1 as gud as 2 ............. the pwr supply was so strange it was giving 0.44V at 12V .............. wha abt urs guys ............. my graph only had two point on the line with 2 above and below it.............. do u think i would lose a mark for accuracy of data ?

Reaction score
no ur all wrong!!!
uncertainity is absolute error divided by two ...or in simpler words smallest division divided by two..so like this the answer was 0.3%...n it is confirmed!!!

Reaction score
i think thats %error of the of the device........ i think the error here wud hav been human reaction......... but u may be right. :/

Reaction score
ajmaeen said:
i think thats %error of the of the device........ i think the error here wud hav been human reaction......... but u may be right. :/

actually u had to use the human reaction error time any frm the range 0.1-0.3 :)

Reaction score
lol...my gradient wuz compplleettlly retarted....it wuz 8.6 x 10^-16 nd y intercept wuz positive!!rest all paper wuz gewd!!nd wt were we suppose to rite for the justify the number of significant figures for k??

Reaction score
i wrote 2 significant.....as my raw data was presented in 2 significant... it depends upon u the significant of ur raw data...

Reaction score
my gradient was 0.7, y-intercept was 0.03. Is it correct? Also was the value of k constant?

Reaction score
To all those people who took 0.1s as their absolute uncertainty, have you ever bothered to read examiner reports or marking schemes related to these type of questions?

Reaction score
i guess we take 0.1 to 0.4s as human reaction error

kher i didnt appear fr p33 :D

Reaction score
xarak said:
lol...my gradient wuz compplleettlly retarted....it wuz 8.6 x 10^-16 nd y intercept wuz positive!!rest all paper wuz gewd!!nd wt were we suppose to rite for the justify the number of significant figures for k??

mine y-intercept was also positive ...... but my gradiant was even crazier 232.??? :(

Reaction score
haha yeah faheem is right to find percentage uncertainty..take two readings..take their average..and find the difference between one of the readings and the average reading...difference/average reading x 100..this is the best method..other methods are also correct..we had to see human reaction time..which had to be at least .1 or .2

Reaction score
ajmaeen said:
was it necessary to convert the current reading from milliampere to ampere??.......... i did all my calculation in mA.......... so got the grad 730mA/V^10............................... that makes it .73 in Ampere................. and i got the y intercept exactly 0................

Yeah my gradient was around 548. And my y-intercept was -1.34. The conversion was not mentioned so i think it would be okay to not have converted it.

Reaction score
it had to be converted..our examiner specifically told us not to forget to convert it...nice guy :p