• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHY P33?????

Reaction score
sanakhalil said:
no ur all wrong!!!
uncertainity is absolute error divided by two ...or in simpler words smallest division divided by two..so like this the answer was 0.3%...n it is confirmed!!!

No uncertainty is the least count i.e 0.01 in this case divided by the time.

Reaction score
Yeah but i wrote mA with everything. Our invigilator was our physics teacher yet he still dint bother to help me out. :(
I hope i dont get any marks deducted beacuse none of the mark schemes mentioned conversion unless told to do so in the paper.

Reaction score
Well you are in A Level and by now all the examiners expect you to give your answers in Standard Units.
If you didn't convert your data into Amperes in the table, for finding gradient or y intercept, it doesn't really matter.
As long as you had given your answer in mA and you converted the mA into Amperes when solving the final equation (finding an unknown constant etc), unless the examiner required you to give your answer to another accuracy or in another unit.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
zwitterion said:
sanakhalil said:
no ur all wrong!!!
uncertainity is absolute error divided by two ...or in simpler words smallest division divided by two..so like this the answer was 0.3%...n it is confirmed!!!

No uncertainty is the least count i.e 0.01 in this case divided by the time.

not in this case...bcuz human reaction is involved

Reaction score
i got 1.08 gradient and _0.0084 y intercept....is it right???and none of my plotted point came on the best fit line so wud it matter???
in que 2 wasn't the relationship wrong because there was difference in the values of k?? and we had to use wat units of speed??i wrote cm per sec and used it wid mm diameter in equation which is wrong...wat were values of k??mine (wrong) were 0.79 and 1.01...answer all ques plz

Reaction score
paper wasn't tricky.. i managed 2 complete it in 1 hour.. and rest 1 hr i looked at the invigilators and other students..=P..

but i got 2 things wrong...=[..

i dint convert mA in Ampere... and my Yintercept was coming exactly 0...
but i still calculated it and wrote my answer in negative...='[

Reaction score
I just hope the examiner does not deduct marks for not converting mA to A. Or not much in any case.
Btw isnt human reaction time error always present while using the stopwatch?? So whats with it?

Reaction score
cool said:
i got 1.08 gradient and _0.0084 y intercept....is it right???and none of my plotted point came on the best fit line so wud it matter???
in que 2 wasn't the relationship wrong because there was difference in the values of k?? and we had to use wat units of speed??i wrote cm per sec and used it wid mm diameter in equation which is wrong...wat were values of k??mine (wrong) were 0.79 and 1.01...answer all ques plz
your values are very much near to mine so i hope they are correct..and for k i think we cud use cm/s and mm together as long as we used same units while calculating both values..

Reaction score
Aamir Khan said:
cool said:
your values are very much near to mine so i hope they are correct..and for k i think we cud use cm/s and mm together as long as we used same units while calculating both values..

I used m/s :shock: and my ans was around 5.54 x 10^3

Reaction score
wanted to ask i was given a digital stopwatch but i gave all my values to 2 significant figures.For example i got 1.81s i wrote is as 1.8 is that right? I did this so that there is consistency with my distance also given to 2 sig figures. Also i read off the wrong value from the vernier will i get ecf for the latter parts?

Reaction score
yes u will get the markls for ecf...n ya 2 significant can be used..............btw u get quite close values of mine.........i got 1.84s////

Reaction score
:D that is so nice.Are you sure about the significant figures? tell me on repeating the reading the ones with larger diameter i was getting 1.5 seconds is that right?

Reaction score
i got 1.4 somethng....bt it is close........n yes em sure abt the significant figures..

Reaction score
if no plotted point comes on the graph line does it matter??? my scatter was a bit more than normal

Reaction score
CHEM P34 ??? Now i am going to spam these forums with these words :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me tht do we get marks for error carried???in this practical??
i read the time on the stopwatch rong....due to wich my following values would also b rong....plzz reply
like the time for small ball to fall was around 8s i guess, but i rote tht 0.08s...=(
how many marks i mite lose u think???