• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your chemistry p5 ?

Reaction score
I calculated the gradient wrong on my calculator for p52 and got 2.67, and rounded it to 3, but my reasoning is ok, how many marks will that get me? Also, is "Mass of the CuSO4 (or w/e it was) wasn't measured correctly" a valid reason for one of the anomalies?

Reaction score
I calculated the gradient wrong on my calculator for p52 and got 2.67, and rounded it to 3, but my reasoning is ok, how many marks will that get me? Also, is "Mass of the CuSO4 (or w/e it was) wasn't measured correctly" a valid reason for one of the anomalies?
for 1 point i wrote the CuSO4 ws blown off when measuring its final mass....nd for the second point with too many moles of H2O i wrote constant mass wsnt achieved !

Reaction score
QUESTION : q1 ws just simple titration to find concentration of 1g/cm^3 at 25*C only right .....i mean the whole thing ws just explaining titration not related much to solubility ?
ya! i ws so hapy to see the solubilty prt bt my heart sank once i saw the titration qustn fr 8 mrks!!! time was a big hurdle, esp wit that qustn!

Reaction score
i think titration ws a better exp since we do that all the time in p3,,,,,conc. of ws 0.013 mol/dm3,,,,,,what do u think ?
i had compltly frgttn everythng abt titration coz i did my AS last yr!! my cocn ws nt even close to 0.013! :eek:

Reaction score
it was in question 2, you had to find the moles of water formed and then plot the graph with anhydrous Fe2SO4 on the x axis and moles of water on Y axis..... :/

most of my friends who did that had only 15 mins to solve the Q1 which required thinking and strategy :(

Well that goes either way! some did Q1 first others did Q2 but one or the other was left to a very small time allotment!
for me it was Q2 i did that in like 10 minutes.

thing is, both were of equal marks. no negative marking. smart thing to do wouldve been to attempt the question you knew how to do well first!

Reaction score
for 1 point i wrote the CuSO4 ws blown off when measuring its final mass....nd for the second point with too many moles of H2O i wrote constant mass wsnt achieved !
For moles of water being too low. Not all of the water was evaporated. For moles of water being too high, some solid was blown out of tube.

Reaction score
Could anyone plz post the answers they got for the conc of Ca(OH)2, conc of HCL, and the volume of HCL and water needed for dilution in question 1 paper 52?

Reaction score
Guys...What is the expected gt for p52?
Q2 was really easy..Q1 required more thinking.i guess il get 4 out of 8 marks for that titraion question..not sure..had problem in the dilution part and messed up the last part..:/ But overall, the paper was good..expecting 20+ :)