• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your Principle Of Accounts paper???

Reaction score
In company accounts.. if interim ordinary dividends are paid then do they have any effect on payment of final dividends .. i mean do we have to subtract them or not.. ??

It depends on what u are trying to find out then :D

If its for finding out the percentage used to pay them the final dividend then yes u do but otherwise it shouldnt do show me the question if u are still confused :p

Reaction score

Okay here as i said before u will have to minus the general reserves and interim dividend from the Profit retained then divide by the total ordinary shares and multiply by 100 to get answer as 8% !

Why we do this --> because try thinking abt how directors would do when they see the profit they would try to put such a percentage which when put on the shares still leaves some profits for them so as they already paid the interim thing they will have to take out that amount of profit and then do the calculation and also they paying the dividend here from the profits and not necessarily involving the reserves :D

Reaction score
Okay here as i said before u will have to minus the general reserves and interim dividend from the Profit retained then divide by the total ordinary shares and multiply by 100 to get answer as 8% !

Why we do this --> because try thinking abt how directors would do when they see the profit they would try to put such a percentage which when put on the shares still leaves some profits for them so as they already paid the interim thing they will have to take out that amount of profit and then do the calculation and also they paying the dividend here from the profits and not necessarily involving the reserves :D

Well yeah thAnx .. :) (y)
but am still confused y did u start science thread If u are commerce student.. ?? :D :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Well yeah thAnx .. :) (y)
but am still confused y did u start science thread If u are commerce student.. ?? :D :ROFLMAO:

Really im a commerce student hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D :D

Have u seen the science thread i solved queries sometimes for chem,physics and bio so can a commerce student do that actually i think i will confuse u more when i tell u my subs selection ;)
well i took all those science subs and then had to forcefully take POA just to avoid taking english literature :D

Reaction score
Really im a commerce student hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D :D

Have u seen the science thread i solved queries sometimes for chem,physics and bio so can a commerce student do that actually i think i will confuse u more when i tell u my subs selection ;)
well i took all those science subs and then had to forcefully take POA just to avoid taking english literature :D
LOL
I am science studnt too ......
I had about 9 post before sciences exams but now look at my number of posts mostly thanx to dat thread xD :D :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
LOL
I am science studnt too ......
I had about 9 post before sciences exams but now look at my number of posts mostly thanx to dat thread xD :D :ROFLMAO:

:D :D :D
Well keep posting and helping :p Lets see when u reach the 1000th mark just 13 posts left :p

And yeah now i think we are going towards the path of off topic :D