• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How were your Physics P-1 and P-3?

How were this year's Physics papers?

• Easy :D

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • Okay :|

Votes: 45 51.7%
  • Hard :(

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I did variant one, was very tricky. Did anyone did variant one too? I just dont know which had the greater pressure P or Q :( I said same as the height would be the same. No idea if correct or not :/
Q, as it's base have a lesser surface area.

Reaction score
but didnt they say in the beginning that they both have the same volume of water??
yes, you're correct
they say the have same volume of water,then equal volumes of water were removed and asked which container exerts largest force on its base...
it have to be Q, because its base is smaller, so twice as molecules can collide and hit the walls per meter square, hence pressure increases.

Reaction score
What were the answers to the last question on the first page- the fill in the blanks one

Reaction score
But I believe that pressure in liquids depend on depth (height) rather than the surface area of the base, and if both have the same initial volume and height, when you take equal volumes from both, they will end up with the same height once again. As a result, the pressure would remain the same? It is quite tricky to be honest :/

Reaction score
yes, you're correct
they say the have same volume of water,then equal volumes of water were removed and asked which container exerts largest force on its base...
it have to be Q, because its base is smaller, so twice as molecules can collide and hit the walls per meter square, hence pressure increases.
The base has nothing to do with answer...But it's Q as the reason I stated
What were the answers to the last question on the first page- the fill in the blanks one

YES!!!One of the hardest questions...I did random stuff and apparantly my friends are saying I did it correct...I did "boiling point OF liquid and Freezing point OF liquid"

Reaction score
My question is, how does it happen if they said in the beginning that both have the same volume of water and the height was 1.4 m for both shapes and then they remove equal amount of volume and end with 2 different heights??

Reaction score
for the questoin of the pressure its not bout the particles that collide cuz water molecules dont collide fast they barley move soo :whistle: the cup the have a larger surface area on the top will have more pressure because volume=area*depth so it have more surface area so less depth is reduced for the same volume of water
i think this is the right answer :D
anways i have the last exam left chemistry soo ho gives a damn bout physics its gonne lets think bout chemistry (y)
and then think bout how can we spend our vecatoin :X3::X3::X3:

Reaction score
Well I can't really concentrate because I heard many exams are leaked this year,this means higher threshold :((

Reaction score
The base has nothing to do with answer...But it's Q as the reason I stated

YES!!!One of the hardest questions...I did random stuff and apparantly my friends are saying I did it correct...I did "boiling point OF liquid and Freezing point OF liquid"
the answer for the last question on the first page was

either
resistence of a peice of metal
or
emf of thermocouple
or
pressure of a fixed mass of gas

Reaction score
yes, you're correct
i think the answer was Q reason being the fact that if the same volume of liquid was removed the height of P would decrease more than that in Q as the surface area of the water was wider in Q and the pressure in lquid depends on the height, the greater the height the larger the pressure

Reaction score
the answer for the last question on the first page was

either
resistence of a peice of metal
or
emf of thermocouple
or
pressure of a fixed mass of gas
Just wondering...how are you so sure of your answer?The clearly asked for PHYSICAL PROPERTIES and most of those you mentioned are chemical properties(I even googled most of them)