• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Tᴇᴄʜɴᴏʟᴏɢʏ (0417) : Pᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ʜᴇʀᴇ! ᴴᴰ

Was this helpful

• Total voters
Reaction score
Depends on the software.
If you use Macromedia Fireworks, that allows you to change to 150 KB.[/quote
Yeah you can have multiple packages to edit your picture. I'm asking of the technical way, because, who knows what sort of sombre computer you get in the finale? :(
Anyway, can you send a snapshot of how you did it with the Macromedia Fireworks?

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the resolution of an image?
They say in the question paper that change the resolution of your image and it should not be more than 100KB! How do we do it without resizing the pic? please help
select the image you want to resize ( iprefer to copy of it just incase)
right click then open it in picture manager or paint
in picture manager click on edit pictures and type in the required resolution
for the size compress picture and just check the size

tan tan taaaa:D

Reaction score
select the image you want to resize ( iprefer to copy of it just incase)
right click then open it in picture manager or paint
in picture manager click on edit pictures and type in the required resolution
for the size compress picture and just check the size

tan tan taaaa:D
No ya. Resolution doesn't change without resizing it. I surfed the www, no info on it at all :(

Reaction score
Depends on the software.
If you use Macromedia Fireworks, that allows you to change to 150 KB.
Yeah you can have multiple packages to edit your picture. I'm asking of the technical way, because, who knows what sort of sombre computer you get in the finale? :(
Anyway, can you send a snapshot of how you did it with the Macromedia Fireworks?

Reaction score
One can get an A* with only a few recent papers, and a good understanding and a working knowledge of the practical exam.

What are you suggesting?

What you just said ;)
I'm not a fan of doing a large amount of papers before any practical exam, it's never really benefited me much. Again, that's just me :D

Reaction score
Normal Paint...
But yet, i came across a past paper that asked to change the resolution of the image without resizing it.
Because resizing it would disrupt the cascading file sheet rules., whereas only changing the resolution would change it's quality. And it asked to show how we changed the resolution... So, there! :(

Which paper is that? I don't think it's possible to change resolution, without resizing.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the resolution of an image?
They say in the question paper that change the resolution of your image and it should not be more than 100KB! How do we do it without resizing the pic? please help
Whenever i change the resolution, the image automatically gets re-sized. I think that's how it's supposed to happen.
Which software you use for image resizing?
U will require a software for this , i recommend Photoscape since it is very simple to use , here is a video to help u , in the video use the slider to reduce the image size till 100kb or less

Last edited:
Reaction score
U will require a software for this , i recommend Photoscape since it is very simple to use , here is a video to help u , in the video use the slider to reduce the image size till 100kb or less
But we won't get a software in the final exams. Who knows?