• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I can never complete chemistry practicals on time... anyone have helpful advice?

Reaction score
No matter how hard I try, I end up going over the time limit and it's been that way all year. Are there any time saving tricks you know of? Or am I going about it the wrong way?

I'm in AS.

Reaction score
The same used to happen with me. When you're doing practicals with other students too, try to stick with them and do the practical questions like a race. When taking solvents like NaOH , etc of small quantity such as 2 cm, take estimates of the liquid solvents unless stated in the questions strictly. That's what my science practicals teacher told me to do too. Read the question with speed and concentration. Improve your comprehension and try to understand the question in minimal time. Skip through the text once to get the rough idea of the practical. Then do as stated in the questions along reading it, and do it carefully. And I hope the person who posted this post doesn't mind me posting his thread on yours too.
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/tips-for-chemistry-practicals-p3.11810/#post-178615