• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

i dont know what to do

Reaction score
I'm an 8 grade student, I was outstandingod student before covid but due to the long break I became lazy and indulged in bad videos on the phone and now I'm a below-average student

recently my result came and my father was furious as my marks were 70 to 75 percent and he said that he does not work so hard for this I was so sorry
I want to improve but I don't know how to I steal, lie, and hide things but I WANT TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON
soon my o levels will be here and I will be lost
I get distracted easily and my result is compared to my high-achieving cousins
please suggest any tips

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I'm an 8 grade student, I was outstandingod student before covid but due to the long break I became lazy and indulged in bad videos on the phone and now I'm a below-average student

recently my result came and my father was furious as my marks were 70 to 75 percent and he said that he does not work so hard for this I was so sorry
I want to improve but I don't know how to I steal, lie, and hide things but I WANT TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON
soon my o levels will be here and I will be lost
I get distracted easily and my result is compared to my high-achieving cousins
please suggest any tips
Well change your habits.. fix a phone time and dont use phone apart from that time.. make a timetable and follow it religiously...
You can find tips to prepare here but of you don't commit to studying and leaving bad habits, you can't benefit... It's good you have realised this now break it into actionable items and make sure to not go near bad habits

Reaction score
Hey there, that sounds like a rough situation. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us! It's awesome that you want to get back on track before O Levels. Here's what might help:

• Small wins: Celebrate those 70-75s! They're your starting point, aim to climb higher next time.
  • Why this matters: Find something you love (games? science?) and see how O Levels help you reach your future goals. Studying becomes cooler that way.
  • Beat distractions: Make a study plan with breaks, but ditch the phone while you work.
  • Learn your way: Figure out how you learn best – reading, online lectures, or studying with a friend?
  • Talk to teachers: They're there to help, not judge! Ask questions and explain what's going on.
  • Focus on you: Don't compare yourself to your cousins. Track your own progress and be proud!
  • Talk to your dad: Let him know you want to improve and need his support.
  • Make it fun: Find a study group or club about something you like. Learning can be awesome!
  • Get help: Need a hand? Talk to a counselor or a trusted adult.
  • Be kind to yourself: Changing habits takes time. You're already on the right track, keep going!