• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I hate it when my parents tell me this sentence !!

Reaction score
al salam 3alekoum w ra7mat allah w barakatoh !! :D

i wanted to share this with you .. and tell me ur opinions :|

in all my previous classes i always get 93% and sometimes 94% :)

my parents always get sad from me and tell me u could do better :)

I HATE THIS SENTENCE THAT I COULD DO BETTER AND THEY GET SAD FROM ME
IT MAKES ME ANGRY FROM INSIDE NOT FROM MY PARENTS

i usually tell them say alhamdllah thats what i can get
even when i reached Pre.IGCSE i made 1st term 80% 2nd term 85%
i wasnt taking tuitions and just focusing on school and some past papers
i want one of you and come to see how the school periods look like and the syllabus going on :)
pakistani teachers i really admit they dunno how to teach they dunno how to control the class :)
even when i made it to class 10 (IGCSE) i got 81% in 1st term :)
my parents told me u could do better i told them what i mentioned upthere :)
i started to take tuitions in class 10 there is a big but huge difference between physics period in school and at tuition..i am entering 2012 session exams this year and if i got B or A or even C they will tell me that i could do better
and my mother usually tell me that i get marks for my working and she also telling me that i am not working hard..i am trying the best i can do to get as many A*s as I can

i wrote alot but please read it and reply :)

Reaction score
Dont worry
Same here
You should continue with your studies and try to show your parents that u are serious and work hard for exams
Another bit of advice :-
Stop FB and Games about a month from now & only study for 7 - 8 hours daily

(Hope u wont hate me for trying to pry u away from all fun but IGCSE is very important and u should study xtra hard cause for A* u need high % and marks)
Good Luck
I will be praying for u and all other XPC members

Reaction score
that's a way to encourage you. don't think negatively for your parents. They believe you can do better than this, then surely you are capable of performing better. Try to encourage yourself by saying this "my parents believe in me, and so should i. I can do better than this.":)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
waalaikumassalam wr wb!

well yeah as memyself15 said, take this as an encouragement....when my teachers tell me, i can do better, it is a sort of encouragement, and it forces me to work even harder... ;)

Take that as an encouragement, and dont lose hope....you can do better...inshaAllah...seek help from Allah always....keep praying...He is always there for you! (y)

Reaction score
oh cumoon. ur parents love u. they want u to keep working hard. u shud take it as a motivation. but yes i agree like parents shud be fully happy whatever u get. they want to c u successful like any other parent. but marks are not really important. i hope they realise it. :) easy chill nd enjoy :p

Reaction score
my parents don't say it neither they consider it duty :)
what i meant to say was that parents feel they have to correct us on every path of life!!!
dunt want to say what m thinking so ------- =P
u are lucky though if u dunt get those remarks

Reaction score
Hey, this is a normal thing!!!

I believe every parents say that

I myself is victim of this sentence

The last time I heard this was when I came out first in my maths' test which I scored 96%

Reaction score
of course parents want the best for their children, they want them to be at the top n be the best, so they always tell their children to try to reach the top, bcz our parents dnt want us to have anything less than best. they give us their best in watever way they can n in studies they can't do the paper instead of us (=P) so tell us to try harder n reach the point where they believe we are best suited: "THE TOP".

Reaction score
what i meant to say was that parents feel they have to correct us on every path of life!!!
dunt want to say what m thinking so ------- =P
u are lucky though if u dunt get those remarks
hehehe easy i know what u meant nd u r just helping dat guy better understand what his parents want from him. no my parents are both teachers themselves. they never really demanded good marks or something but dat dooesn't mean they dnt care :p they themselves know dat i m repsonsible for my studies and know its importance so they keep quite about it but yeah suggestion advices nd dez sort of sentences come up. they shud, caz they r a motivation doze for u :D
nd why is only getting good marks important like everyone has different abilities and talents to express. some might be really good in sports then studies. u dnt need to be a topper always, i don't get dat mentality....... i know some parents focus too much on these marks thing nd unintentionally put dre kids in some pressure nd develop a sense of competition which is not very fair at times. i can be wrong caz every case is different and generalising might not be very sensible. pardon me 4 a long essay :p

Reaction score
hehehe easy i know what u meant nd u r just helping dat guy better understand what his parents want from him. no my parents are both teachers themselves. they never really demanded good marks or something but dat dooesn't mean they dnt care :p they themselves know dat i m repsonsible for my studies and know its importance so they keep quite about it but yeah suggestion advices nd dez sort of sentences come up. they shud, caz they r a motivation doze for u :D
nd why is only getting good marks important like everyone has different abilities and talents to express. some might be really good in sports then studies. u dnt need to be a topper always, i don't get dat mentality....... i know some parents focus too much on these marks thing nd unintentionally put dre kids in some pressure nd develop a sense of competition which is not very fair at times. i can be wrong caz every case is different and generalising might not be very sensible. pardon me 4 a long essay :p
hahaha
they do it cuz they want us successful in life

A.H

Reaction score
OMG you reminded me about myself a year ago.
To be honest I've been a sufferer of this sentence too and even now, but I'd tell you what it taught me...
I hate saying that on puplice, but I know that my story would help u,

last year i was as ignorant as hell and I'd only study a "maximum" of 5 hours a day, I'd hang out with friends each and every weekend, and what did I end up with?? 2 Cz !!
And why was that ? because whenever they used to say "go study" or " wats on earth is more important than ur studies "or even "u can do better" I'd just ignore.
So don't think that way of what your parents say, and believe me, NO ONE on earth would care about you as much as your parents!!
I know that we are all in a age that makes us wanna have fun all day and enjoy with friends and all that, but keep it limited.
I'm nt saying don't use facebook or don't hang out, but everything have limits, and your most priority must be ur studies...
Wish that helps,
w rabena ywfa2ak with ur exams isA....

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, this is a normal thing!!!

I believe every parents say that

I myself is victim of this sentence

The last time I heard this was when I came out first in my maths' test which I scored 96%
Nope; not EVERY parents say this.. the ones that really care about their children ssay this... anyways;

al salam 3alekoum w ra7mat allah w barakatoh !! :D

i wanted to share this with you .. and tell me ur opinions :|

in all my previous classes i always get 93% and sometimes 94% :)

my parents always get sad from me and tell me u could do better :)

I HATE THIS SENTENCE THAT I COULD DO BETTER AND THEY GET SAD FROM ME
IT MAKES ME ANGRY FROM INSIDE NOT FROM MY PARENTS

i usually tell them say alhamdllah thats what i can get
even when i reached Pre.IGCSE i made 1st term 80% 2nd term 85%
i wasnt taking tuitions and just focusing on school and some past papers
i want one of you and come to see how the school periods look like and the syllabus going on :)
pakistani teachers i really admit they dunno how to teach they dunno how to control the class :)
even when i made it to class 10 (IGCSE) i got 81% in 1st term :)
my parents told me u could do better i told them what i mentioned upthere :)
i started to take tuitions in class 10 there is a big but huge difference between physics period in school and at tuition..i am entering 2012 session exams this year and if i got B or A or even C they will tell me that i could do better
and my mother usually tell me that i get marks for my working and she also telling me that i am not working hard..i am trying the best i can do to get as many A*s as I can

i wrote alot but please read it and reply :)

waAlaikum AsSalam. wr wb.
look if you are trying hard n getting 94/95% marks that's very good..! Watch this first:

then see this:

and this too please:

if they say "could have done better" just reply politely: "Alhamdulillah, I'll try for better inshaAllah." maybe this way thry'll understand you are trying hard for them.. also practically try to be efficient; at least most students I have seen(including me) tend to be inefficient and waste study time.. by not concenterating etc.. so try to be efficient, inshaAllah.
may Allah help us, ameen. plz make dua for me too. :)

A.H

Reaction score
Did I say 5? hehehe I swear I meant 3!! Sorry guys my mistake...!

Reaction score
I have an elder brother. Who is smarter that me, wins every single game from chess to Online FPS, better than me at sports, and is adored by others for his personality. Its like god just sucked every single thing worthy in me, and injected into him. And just gets me so frustrated, whenever parents go like, be more like your brohter. They don't get it, Im trying as hard as I can, god. hmph -.-

^ do note, im just kidding in the sucked out part.. I have faith in god, and i know everyone is unique

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
waAlaikum AsSalam. wr wb.
look if you are trying hard n getting 94/95% marks that's very good..! Watch this first:

if they say "could have done better" just reply politely: "Alhamdulillah, I'll try for better inshaAllah." maybe this way thry'll understand you are trying hard for them.. also practically try to be efficient; at least most students I have seen(including me) tend to be inefficient and waste study time.. by not concenterating etc.. so try to be efficient, inshaAllah.
may Allah help us, ameen. plz make dua for me too. :)
assalamoalaikum wr wb!

jazakAllahu khairen....for the videos...they were reaally nice and convincing....made me realize what wrong I've been doing...i hope inshaAllah, to try now onwards to improve myself...thank you so muc h badrobot14...i feel happy to join XPF...now called XPC....i've learnt new things in regard to spending a gud life...i thank u soo much ....may ALlah bless u loadsss...aameen