• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I NEED AN ANSWER!!!!!

Reaction score
Hello guys. i gave Biology (AS) in May/June 2012 and got a shocking result ! i got a D and i was really surprised since i expected a B . i'm doing the exam again in October/November 2012. i started studying and it's like i remember almost everything and covered all the topics. my question is what could be the problem that caused me to get a D ! cause i myself can't figure out what is the problem! what do you think guys?

Reaction score
Hello guys. i gave Biology (AS) in May/June 2012 and got a shocking result ! i got a D and i was really surprised since i expected a B . i'm doing the exam again in October/November 2012. i started studying and it's like i remember almost everything and covered all the topics. my question is what could be the problem that caused me to get a D ! cause i myself can't figure out what is the problem! what do you think guys?

Maybe you got unexpected questions or you didn't practice enough past papers? That's all I can possibly think of, or maybe you were I'll on the day of the exam or your mind was preoccupied with something else? You might also not have covered the entire syllabus exactly (e.g. using an outdated book)..

Reaction score
^ Yeah. Or if you want, check the marking schemes. They're already available. But waiting for the break-up of your result would be good because then you know where exactly you fell short. Also, have you thought of giving a recheck? Just a thought.

Reaction score
Hi, I got a D for Bio as well & I expected an A! I can understand what you're going through :/ I am thinking of resitting it in Oct/Nov & everytime I go over the topics & pastpapers, I know all the answers cause Im already clear with the topics. I have no idea where I went wrong as well because the paper was so good for me! I guess I didn't provide the examiners with the answers they were looking for :/

Reaction score
Maybe you got unexpected questions or you didn't practice enough past papers? That's all I can possibly think of, or maybe you were I'll on the day of the exam or your mind was preoccupied with something else? You might also not have covered the entire syllabus exactly (e.g. using an outdated book)..
that's possible ... ill try my best to get better in oct/nov . Thanks for your reply !

Reaction score
^ Yeah. Or if you want, check the marking schemes. They're already available. But waiting for the break-up of your result would be good because then you know where exactly you fell short. Also, have you thought of giving a recheck? Just a thought.
the marking schemes were really strict this time , i wonder why..... hmm re-check i don't think there will be any change .. anyway ill just give it a try again in oct/nov. Thanks for your reply!

Reaction score
Hi, I got a D for Bio as well & I expected an A! I can understand what you're going through :/ I am thinking of resitting it in Oct/Nov & everytime I go over the topics & pastpapers, I know all the answers cause Im already clear with the topics. I have no idea where I went wrong as well because the paper was so good for me! I guess I didn't provide the examiners with the answers they were looking for :/
same case here... but you know i guess we are not giving the exact points in our answers or writing invalid points . one of the reasons also is that the grade threshold was really high ! i don't know what variant you did but i did the first variant ( 11,21,31) ... anyway give it a try in oct/nov and i hope you will get what you want ! Thanks for your reply!

Reaction score
This trend is too common, at my school we had students who came out of the hall expecting distinctions ( even teachers expected) ut what did they get ? Cs.......and some lucky ones got Bs.........i guess cambridge has raised the bar now after a 98.5% pass rate last year!!!!..i am waiting for CIE to release the statistics for the session so I can see how many percentage students achieved an A, and C, looking at previous years almost 25% students make an A in sciences at AS level......this sessioni can gaurantee and et that it will be 15%......ecause even many high profiled geniuses were debunked.........

Reaction score
This trend is too common, at my school we had students who came out of the hall expecting distinctions ( even teachers expected) ut what did they get ? Cs.......and some lucky ones got Bs.........i guess cambridge has raised the bar now after a 98.5% pass rate last year!!!!..i am waiting for CIE to release the statistics for the session so I can see how many percentage students achieved an A, and C, looking at previous years almost 25% students make an A in sciences at AS level......this sessioni can gaurantee and et that it will be 15%......ecause even many high profiled geniuses were debunked.........
there must be something wrong like how can Biology paper 11 ( multiple choice ) minimum mark for A is 35/40 ! supeeer high !! i doubt anyone in my school scored 35+ !

Reaction score
there must be something wrong like how can Biology paper 11 ( multiple choice ) minimum mark for A is 35/40 ! supeeer high !! i doubt anyone in my school scored 35+ !
Hahahha, I myself am amazed....I got 35 or 36 after checking Answers.