• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IB vs. A-levels | The most debated question

Are you gonna do IB or A levels, or something totally different?

• Something else - Please post a reply and specify what you are doing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
IB or A levels?
150px-ALevel.svg.png
IB_logo.jpg
Which one are you going to choose after you are done with your IGCSE exams?
If you are doing A levels
What are your 3-4 subjects going to be? Why are you choosing those subjects?
If you are doing IB
What are your 6 subjects going to be? Why are you choosing those subjects?

Reaction score
I will be doing A level but not from CIE, I will do it from EDEXCEL! My subject choices are Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics! I am choosing these subjects owing to the fact that I am interested in these subjects rather than Accounting, Economics, etc!

Reaction score
I will be doing A level but not from CIE, I will do it from EDEXCEL! My subject choices are Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics! I am choosing these subjects owing to the fact that I am interested in these subjects rather than Accounting, Economics, etc!
Wow! Thanks for replying
Great choices btw! Going for medical/engineering field ?

Reaction score
I've heard IB is easier, but I haven't looked at the papers yet.
the middle (equivalent to Olevel) programme that they have is really easy, especially in math or add.math

I'll be doing A level in cambridge, all science and math.

wanted to go into medical when i was young, but now i'm hell as confused, so i kept both medic and engineering open.
i also did courses in ICT even though i didn't have it in O's, so that lines open too.

i also kept statistics and mechanics in math, just so i can have a little knowledge on both, for this confusion.

but that's all for later, cause O levels' come first!

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for replying
Great choices btw! Going for medical/engineering field ?
Well, intially I planned to go for medical but now I am getting diverted and I guess I will go for BSc in chem and bio and later just go on get a PhD in the field I am more interested at InshaALLAH and I guess it will be chem cuz I like chemistry more than biology but I get better marks at biology than chemistry. So only God knows what I will do in my future :D

lol

Reaction score
im going for A levels too, so far ive chosen mathematics, accounting, business studies and psychology
my aim is to take up (inshaAllah) a management post in a fields like HR, forensic accounting, investment banking, any sort of business-related field, is it necessary to have economics? i havent taken Economics in IGCSE so i didnt think about taking it in a levels

Reaction score
im going for A levels too, so far ive chosen mathematics, accounting, business studies and psychology
my aim is to take up (inshaAllah) a management post in a fields like HR, forensic accounting, investment banking, any sort of business-related field, is it necessary to have economics? i havent taken Economics in IGCSE so i didnt think about taking it in a levels

I dont think so that you need to take Economics for the IGCSE/A Level exam but atleast you are supposed to have some knowledge about it cuz my sister how is currently giving A2 exams did not take Economics for IGCSE nor A level but she did take it as a school subject and InshaAllah she is planning to do ACCA and later CFA, so yeah i dont think so that u hv to take it.

Reaction score
Ib is a lot harder technically but universities at the moment in the uk don't recognise how hard it is... It's a lot harder to get 40 points at Ib than 3 as at a level, yet at Oxford they consider it the same

Reaction score
AS Level : Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature and German.... Enjoy various subjects hence gives me greater breadth and diversity.

Reaction score
i am enrolled to take A level , but i am confused should i take ib or A-levels which one is better?
IB is better and preferred by many universities over A level but it is tougher too. Initially, you and your parents will have to give an interview and then you will have to write an essay and then they will decide whether you can take IB or not. If you are accepted, you have to write a 4000 word essay over your two years, have 150 hours of community services, actions, sports, etc etc. So it is harder but definitely better!

Reaction score
I've heard IB is easier, but I haven't looked at the papers yet.
the middle (equivalent to Olevel) programme that they have is really easy, especially in math or add.math

I'll be doing A level in cambridge, all science and math.

wanted to go into medical when i was young, but now i'm hell as confused, so i kept both medic and engineering open.
i also did courses in ICT even though i didn't have it in O's, so that lines open too.

i also kept statistics and mechanics in math, just so i can have a little knowledge on both, for this confusion.

but that's all for later, cause O levels' come first!
Dude IB is not easier..... A levels is.... Check the higher maths papers.

Reaction score
Its cool.... IB is more challenging and fun... A levels is basically a repeat of High school..... And Unis like IB more so I recommend it.