• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Need help with OCTOBER NOVEMBER 2011 PAPER 2 (CIE IGCSE 0417)
Task number 29
how do u change ONLY outside border thickness while retaining inside borders?

First apply all the borders...Then select 4pt thickness or whatever is mentioned and apply that only to the outside. It should work.

Reaction score
hey bro
i have a bit prob with "may june 2011 paper2"
question 49 where they asked
"• show only the records where VIN begins with 37, the Country field is Spain and
the Power field is E"
what should i put in the criteria row? or what should be in the "or" row??
thanks

You should put it only in the criteria fields...The "37*" in criteria for VIN, "Spain" for criteria for country and "E" for criteria in Power Field

Reaction score
And another thing, Whenever I type text into the footer in ms power-point master slide footer, the footer doesn't appear in the new slides when I select this layout.
You have to go to insert header and footer ....Then in the footer option, check the tick box and it will appear.

Reaction score
Hey bro,
If u cud help me with this i'll be very grateful :)

'the automated file name and path right aligned'

I sort of know how to do it in Ms Word 2003 but in 2007 no idea...

in the header and footer section , there is "Quick Parts" , on the list that will come down , choose field , and then search for filename , and then u will find a tick option , "Add a Path for the Filename" , tick that and click ok.

In many questions they ask for sans serif font. Its not an option in Microsoft Word what should be done then?

Sans-Serif means Arial , and Serif means Times New Roman :)

And another thing, Whenever I type text into the footer in ms power-point master slide footer, the footer doesn't appear in the new slides when I select this layout.

you can just remove everything down and add whatever u want through text box :)

It worked! Thank you so much! :)
I had this other doubt also! How do you change the background to be only 20 to 40% grey??

you welcome :)
background for what ?

what does this mean?"Save this query in a form which can be imported into a word file?" how to do this???

you choose that table from the list on ur left and then Right Click on it , Export and choose RTF file or Word or something like that .

not working :(

listen , you will not make a summary for Product , dont choose it when adding the fields , u will just make a count for it and a sum for the stock , and then in that Count Criteria , you will write >3 , try again , and if didnt work tell me :)

use arial

tnx for trying to help :)

hey bro
i have a bit prob with "may june 2011 paper2"
question 49 where they asked
"• show only the records where VIN begins with 37, the Country field is Spain and
the Power field is E"
what should i put in the criteria row? or what should be in the "or" row??
thanks

just write in the criteria for VIN 37* and the in Country Spain and for Power E

Need help with OCTOBER NOVEMBER 2011 PAPER 2 (CIE IGCSE 0417)
Task number 29
how do u change ONLY outside border thickness while retaining inside borders?

Right click on the table and choose Borders and shading , choose the thickness of the table borders and then on the left in the Settings choose "Grid"

October/ November 2010 Paper 3 Point number 14
What formulae are you supposed to use?

Round(

CIE asks you to import an .rtf file after creating the master slide, if you do that then the elements of master slides are not visible. If you import before creating the masterslide then the font styles are not the ones applied in the masterslide. Is there a solution?

there is a way for importing , which is under the new slide adding option , you will find "New Slide" , and from the list that will come down you will choose "Slides from Outline" and choose the file and thats it :)

There is a question in one of the past papers where you have to remover yellow colour from an image and make it black and white....how would you do that?

you will use Microsoft picture manager for that , you will choose from the upper taskbar , "Picture" and then from the list that will come down choose "Colour" and in the saturation make it to the minimum, and tell me what happens with ya :)

First apply all the borders...Then select 4pt thickness or whatever is mentioned and apply that only to the outside. It should work.

sry but thats a wrong answer , i gave him the right one :)
plz if u are not sure , dont answer , you will mislead them :)

You should put it only in the criteria fields...The "37*" in criteria for VIN, "Spain" for criteria for country and "E" for criteria in Power Field

tnx for trying to help.

There is an option as Add BCC and CC..BCC is blind carbon copy and CC is carbon copy

again tnx for trying to help.

You have to go to insert header and footer ....Then in the footer option, check the tick box and it will appear.

another wrong answer , dont answer anyone again plz :)

Reaction score
OMG ... I WROTE ALL THAT !!!!

plz guys hold down your doubts , i need to study other subjects :)

lol

Reaction score

and how am i supposed to do that? when i try, all borders change
tutorial/screenshot please?

Reaction score
I was doing the oct/nov 2011 paper 3, and I got stuck on step 37, whenever I open the html source in the browser the image keeps on tiling! Can anoyone help??

Reaction score
lol , plz dont try to help , i dont want someone to be misled :)

Whoever you are just so you know all my methods work..There isn't just one answer to the problems...so before you speak try the solutions or don't waste spending time to prove others wrong. The formula for my problem is wrong..its an averageif formula..so thanx a ton for your "misleading" expert advice. I hope i make myself loud and clear to you.

Reaction score
Whoever you are just so you know all my methods work..There isn't just one answer to the problems...so before you speak try the solutions or don't waste spending time to prove others wrong. The formula for my problem is wrong..its an averageif formula..so thanx a ton for your "misleading" expert advice. I hope i make myself loud and clear to you.

u said it urself , there is more than one way to the solve the problem , and averageif is a solution and round is also a solution :)
why did u get so upset ?????? :D

Reaction score
It's background for the first row of a table!How do you change the shading to 20 to 40% grey for that?

just highlight the top rows and then in the table tools, you will choose Shading and then choose a light grey colour , see the picture :)

Attachments

• Shading Help.jpg
    Shading Help.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.