• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
in may/june 2010 p3, q#14, This anchor must not be visible on the page? how to do?
and q#23, Create a hyperlink...................to an e-mail, i did it the way i know but nothing happens :S
when we insert slides from a file in powerpoint, should we keep source formating? or not?
ques sich as q#35, 36 & 37, how can we be sure about our answers in exam! :(

Reaction score
yes u are correct , the best solution is to place a page break as they say at the end of the paper :)

no , dont press enter , enter a page break :)
But they never specified that it should be a page break. Isn't it supposed to be a column break anyway? It makes more sense to me...

Reaction score
Thanks Gregawy. You made paper 2 very easy for me.

Now off to paper 3, if we do the some mistakes in the highlighingg will we lose marks?

Reaction score
when we create an external stylesheet and they ask us to print it should we erase all the html tags and everything else and leave only the styles h1 h2...?
and im kinda confused in colours so if its dark its below 80 and if they just state a colour like blue red watever its FF rite?

Reaction score
ah mashy ..thank you :) it should be printed with the background right?

nope :)

yup they appear in my mock test the anchor appeared n i didnt know how 2 hide it or not 2 make it appear on the webpage..plz help me..!!!

you should hide them in the frontpage too as i said in my reply :)

YES! finally finished one ICT paper of mine! Just want to thank those who helped. Keep me in your prayers and I will need help for my next paper too. :D

you are most welcome , ofc i will help you :)

Reaction score
Thank you so much TC!!

you are welcome :)

in may/june 2010 p3, q#14, This anchor must not be visible on the page? how to do?
and q#23, Create a hyperlink...................to an e-mail, i did it the way i know but nothing happens :S
when we insert slides from a file in powerpoint, should we keep source formating? or not?

just highlight the anchor in the design mode then go the html and delete what is highlighted and if there is a style applied remove it and if there is </a> , remove it and then about the hyperlink, whats wrong with , try to do it literally as in the question :)

But they never specified that it should be a page break. Isn't it supposed to be a column break anyway? It makes more sense to me...

maybe , but they say Place Page Breaks if necessary so that nothing overlaps or tables do not overlap , its better to put a page break cuz they specified this in the paper :)

Thanks Gregawy. You made paper 2 very easy for me.

Now off to paper 3, if we do the some mistakes in the highlighingg will we lose marks?

you are welcome :)

yes , u must highlight each and every word correctly :)

when we create an external stylesheet and they ask us to print it should we erase all the html tags and everything else and leave only the styles h1 h2...?
and im kinda confused in colours so if its dark its below 80 and if they just state a colour like blue red watever its FF rite?

when create the stylesheet , nothing will appear on the page and then when u apply the styles , print what is infront of you :)
and about the colours , 80 means 50 % , and if u want only red , u will write #FF0000 , and for green #00FF00 and for blue #0000FF and if u want to get a specified percentage , you should multiply that percentage number with 160, cuz hexa means 16 :)

Reaction score
Gregawy, can you explain how to answer this question:
Set the horizontal and vertical alignments for cells A to H in the table to be centre aligned.

Reaction score
Gregawy, can you explain how to answer this question:
Set the horizontal and vertical alignments for cells A to H in the table to be centre aligned.

set everything in the cell properties and the table properties to be in the middle or centred , thats the meaning of it :)

Reaction score
set everything in the cell properties and the table properties to be in the middle or centred , thats the meaning of it :)
I did that but result does not appear in the HTML. All I can see is centre alignment for each cell given. In the mark scheme there is valign and align.
<TR align="center" valign="middle">

Reaction score
I did that but result does not appear in the HTML. All I can see is centre alignment for each cell given. In the mark scheme there is valign and align.
For that you have to select the text they asked you to and:
1) Centre align (in the home tab)
2) Format --> Cells --> Alignment --> "Vertically" is underneath "Horizontally" :)

Reaction score

do the edit from the html and tell me what happens with you :)

For that you have to select the text they asked you to and:
1) Centre align (in the home tab)
2) Format --> Cells --> Alignment --> "Vertically" is underneath "Horizontally" :)

tnx for helping :)

Reaction score
okay thnx alot but when we do an anchor dont we first write the name then we hightkight it then we go 2 insert-bookmark-type in TOP-then okay or this is a wrong way?????!!!
it's RIGHT , but then u will have to go to the codes & hide it ... why not do all this in one stop /save time in the exam/hide the anchor directly wayyyy much easier :D

Reaction score
just highlight the anchor in the design mode then go the html and delete what is highlighted and if there is a style applied remove it and if there is </a> , remove it and then about the hyperlink, whats wrong with , try to do it literally as in the question :)

tnx :) when i insert the hyperlink and press ctrl+click in frontpage nothing happens but in web browser it does, so is dat ok?

and about the colours , 80 means 50 % , and if u want only red , u will write #FF0000 , and for green #00FF00 and for blue #0000FF and if u want to get a specified percentage , you should multiply that percentage number with 160, cuz hexa means 16 :)

what is the color code for yellow?

Reaction score
do the edit from the html and tell me what happens with you :)

tnx for helping :)
Yup, it worked very well. It seems coding the table is the best solution.

This was the same mistake I did in the mock test. Thanks a lot Gergawy and Get Some Life.

Reaction score
thanks Gergawy
and what about the tiling of the background i tried to do the (no repeat) code but it only fills half of the page in this way ...is that okay?

Reaction score
thanks Gergawy
and what about the tiling of the background i tried to do the (no repeat) code but it only fills half of the page in this way ...is that okay?
open it in browser & check how the print preview from browser how it appears to be

Reaction score
  • that anchor is supposed 2 b thus:
<a name="SNOWZONE"></A>
  • mail: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">......</a>
  • didn't get u about d source formatting
  • n about d later qns, write whatever u think best!:) n chill:cool:

Reaction score
yup they appear in my mock test the anchor appeared n i didnt know how 2 hide it or not 2 make it appear on the webpage..plz help me..!!!
An eg of anchors dat r hidden is follows:
<a name="SNOWZONE"></A>
in d qp they asked u to put an anchor called SNOWZONE that doesn't appear on d webpg [s10, q14]
All d best.;)
Pray 4 me & my frnds, got r ppr3 on Mon

Status
Not open for further replies.