• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i did middle many times it just keep going back to dafault
Don't get so tensed, it's ok, try it in sm other ppr.:)
There's the Lord Almighty to help you, seek His aid...we're only mortals made of clay....
If He wills, all will b fine. Pray.

Reaction score
I've heard that variant 3.2 is really difficult is it???
How do u guys study for theory gawd I literally fal asleep doing so it's sooooooooooooo damn boooring its ironic because it's ICT it's sum thin we teens r supposed to be gud at but wen it comes to theory it's sooooooooooooo sucking boring
I think the past papers r kinda easy coz they r repetitive but I have to study sum thin but wen ICT book is like 500 mg sleeping pill..... How will I ?

Reaction score
Guys, please help me out here. If I have the heading of a paragraph on one column and the paragraph itself on the opposite column, will I get penalised for this? The question paper (w11_qp_2) doesn't ask to place column breaks to prevent this from happening, so I'm not sure if I should do that or not.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Guys, please help me out here. If I have the heading of a paragraph on one column and the paragraph itself on the opposite column, will I get penalised for this? The question paper (w11_qp_2) doesn't ask to place column breaks to prevent this from happening, so I'm not sure if I should do that or not.
I lost marks in my mock test from this same mistake. Better place a page break I assume.

Reaction score
yup they appear in my mock test the anchor appeared n i didnt know how 2 hide it or not 2 make it appear on the webpage..plz help me..!!!
it depends on the way u make the anchor , if u want it to be hidden automatically , then u do the following : for example u should have an anchor at the top of the page & it should be named TOP, & they tell u to place this anchor where it is written "place anchor here" so u simply go & erase this phrase & go to insert --> bookmark --> u type in TOP and then ok there will be a small flag .. this means that u have the anchor in the code u can even check there , but when u print the anchor wont appear :) hope this helps

Reaction score
pic.png
aslo step 20
how can i remove the yellow color
u open the pic in office manager --> then the picture tab up u go to --> color then u do like in the pic attached to this reply .. then click on enhance color & click on the pic the yellow color is gone :) it works like magic :p

Reaction score
it depends on the way u make the anchor , if u want it to be hidden automatically , then u do the following : for example u should have an anchor at the top of the page & it should be named TOP, & they tell u to place this anchor where it is written "place anchor here" so u simply go & erase this phrase & go to insert --> bookmark --> u type in TOP and then ok there will be a small flag .. this means that u have the anchor in the code u can even check there , but when u print the anchor wont appear :) hope this helps
okay thnx alot but when we do an anchor dont we first write the name then we hightkight it then we go 2 insert-bookmark-type in TOP-then okay or this is a wrong way?????!!!

Reaction score
YES! finally finished one ICT paper of mine! Just want to thank those who helped. Keep me in your prayers and I will need help for my next paper too. :D

Reaction score
sry for the late reply , but there is the answer for ur questions :)

hey gergawy!
Question 35 of the same paper, I managed to make the graph but the words "low water" comes on to the bar graph, as u can see in the file i uploaded. I did the same thing at school, and my teacher circled it. Im trying to make it look like the graph in the mark scheme but i cant. Help? The screen shot of the mark scheme is there as well.

just check the data and the files and try re doing it again correctly , if happened with you tell me :)

thanks---i already figured it out---i think paper 3 will contain the basic --lookup, countif, sumif and if , although i have not written the exams

you welcome :)

if u are talking to me, about what u are talking ??

Could you please help me with 19-21 in november 2011 paper
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...unication Technology (0417)/0417_w11_qp_3.pdf

step 19 is filtering , and then make a bar chart using the data asked in the question and then from Format Axis , show all what is asked in the question :)

I need help in Access , Step 45 in June 2011 variant 22
In the report.
• contains a new field called Delivered Price which is calculated at run-time. This
field will calculate the Cost Price plus a delivery charge of 10% of the Cost Price
Can someone please help me solve this step? I have no idea how to calculate this 10%?
My exam is tomorrow!:')

write in a criteria Delivered Price: [Cost Price]+(0.1*[Cost Price])
thats it :)

in the query, make another field.... Delivered Price:([Cost Price])+0.1*([Cost Price])

tnx for helping :)

So i did paper 3 variant 1 , it was pretty easy but then i messed up the tilling (i guess so) cuz the image provided was incredibly small and i asked everyone i know they all got the the same thing that the background must repeat (I'm not sure) but overall it was easy as hell and excel was for babies!! :D
So i will be free solving problems BUT NOT PROVIDING ANY HELP IN THE EXAM WHATSOEVER !

tnx :)

"has your name, Centre number and candidate number on the left in the footer."
Where exactly would I enter this? Report footer or Page footer?!?

better in the page footer :)

thanks alot :D

you welcome :)

If anyone is online...lease tell me what do they mean by when the say 'create an extract' in Access! plz help thank you !!

you will just make a filtration for the files by a query and then in some questions they ask to export it , thats it :)

no no make sure there is a bracket and then a square bracket for all FIELD NAMES

yup ur true :)

How do we hide anchors in frontpage so that it doesnt appear on the web browser??
reply ASAP

highlight the anchor in the design mode , go to HTML and then delete what is highlighted there and if there is an </a> or a style applied for it , remove it as well :)

Just do a normal Query using Query Design.

Can somebody explain these for me:
*No words are split over lines*

*Make sure the text is centre aligned vertically within each cell.*

And how can I export a report as a web page?

means no overlapping
each cell should be centre aligned
export as HTML as that girl said :)

when you save the report--at the left side of the access document--were the report is, right click on the report and select export, and select HTML document from the drop down list.

Yes I did that. But I got it totally different from the mark scheme. The field labels were all dark in color.

there is a prob , which year this question is ?

Salamun Alaikum
how r u supposed to sort a data in Excel when the heading is in 2 rows? (eg. 0417_s11_p31, Excel part, of course; sorry don't noe the qn no.)
Jazakallahu khairaa

highlight the headings , then go to Data and choose filter and then right click and then choose custom filter and then sort by colour :)

arabic in 2 hours:eek:

inshaAllah will be easy :)

hi :)
what do they mean if they said print the page as viewed in your browser?? shall i do print preview then print it...or take a screenshot evidence of the web browser?

no , just view it in ur browser and then print :)

Print from your web browser such Firefox, Internet Explorer.
Do not take a screen shot.

thanx alot ur a genius gergawy.

you welcome , i am not a genius btw :)

2011 may 32 on the first page its written :-
You work for a company called RockICT. You are going to create a new webpage to show some

Olympic records as part of a website. This webpage must open in any browser with any screen

resolution.
what exactly should i do .

OPEN THE WEBPAGE in any browser and download the files '-,-

Reaction score
aslo step 20
how can i remove the yellow color

put it in microsoft picture manager and make the saturation - 100 and then enhance the grey t-shirt colour , it will become white :)

Salamun Alaikum
How do you make a coloured area( in an img) black & white?
Jazakallah

make the saturation - 100 and enhance the colour :)

That is just wat i want to know...but the person who answered didnt get what i meant :p

i replyed that girl hope u got it :)

In October November 2010, they asked for the header to add Candidate number and Centre number left aligned in the header. So what happened to the Candidate name?

can u just follow each step they say -,-

i did middle many times it just keep going back to dafault

didnt happen with me :)
but what that guy saying is correct :)

What I decipher from that is when they ask u, write all 3. will try 2 get back 2morrow if i remember
Salamun Alaikum

I've heard that variant 3.2 is really difficult is it???
How do u guys study for theory gawd I literally fal asleep doing so it's sooooooooooooo damn boooring its ironic because it's ICT it's sum thin we teens r supposed to be gud at but wen it comes to theory it's sooooooooooooo sucking boring
I think the past papers r kinda easy coz they r repetitive but I have to study sum thin but wen ICT book is like 500 mg sleeping pill..... How will I ?

just study well and pray well :)
and dont be bored :)

I lost marks in my mock test from this same mistake. Better place a page break I assume.

yes u are correct , the best solution is to place a page break as they say at the end of the paper :)

I think u must add a column break, pg break will take it to the nxt pg..
All d best, n plz pray 4 me also

yes it is the solution

Yes I meant that. I press enter, then the heading goes to the next column.

no , dont press enter , enter a page break :)

Status
Not open for further replies.