• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
you shud have it like this. Check out the mark scheme for the 2011 paper (im not sure which one)

Attachments

• screen.docx
    526.8 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
I have got another question. In MJ 10, q 41. I got a different answer from the mark scheme. You can see from the records of the Airush.

I repeat this step many times but I still got a different answer.

Attachments

• Mytry.png
    Mytry.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
  • markscheme.png
    markscheme.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Al-salam 3alekoum w ra7mat Allah w barakatoh :)

i made this thread with the purpose of helping people, i noticed that many people in my school, here in the community, have so many difficulties in solving ICT practicals, and also the Theory part, so if u got any probs, dont hesitate in posting it write here, u will find the solution soon :)

If anyone has a problem in solving a whole practical past paper ... i will solve it with him and i will use MSN for chatting with each other and another program called Teamviewer to interact with each other ... dont panic in contacting me at all ... i will be available at anytime ... i have the answer for each question u have :) my email is [email protected]
Do you have any idea how much marks the MS EXCEL portion was of ICT Practical Paper 31 M/J 12?
Thanks

Reaction score
please i need help with this question ( http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_qp_2.pdf )

# 46 )
___

Produce a new report which:
• shows a summary of the week 37 sales only
i places a 37 under criteria
• uses only the Staff and Income fields
only tick those two fields
• calculates the sum of the Income field for each member of Staff
in the total row for income, select sum
• counts the number of holidays sold by each member of Staff
now here , as what the access guide says, (http://www.igcseict.info/practical/dbase/index.html) at least one field must have group by, but we are only using two fields and both have a requirement so instead of keeping it as group by, must i just set it to count?
HELP!!! :cry:

Reaction score
Blahhhh, how do we prevent background from tiling? Nothing is working for me :(
The no repeat thing isnt working for me!

Reaction score
please i need help with this question ( http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_qp_2.pdf )

# 46 )
___

now here , as what the access guide says, (http://www.igcseict.info/practical/dbase/index.html) at least one field must have group by, but we are only using two fields and both have a requirement so instead of keeping it as group by, must i just set it to count?
I just did this today. Follow this:
1. Make a new Query
2. Add the field Staff and Income field
3. Add the Week field, but make it not show. The criteria should be 37
4. Then do the group by method for Income. Choose SUM
5. To count the number of holidays, add the field "Number" then make it COUNT.
6. Run the query, you shall get the correct query.

Reaction score
thank you!!! so can i use this whenever i wanna group / find the total sum?
This method works for all kinds of summary questions. Remember:
1. You will have one field which you will not do group by. Eg: Staff field
2. You will have 2 or more fields where you will do the "group by" technique.

Reaction score
wat i did was copied the picture to powerpoint (yes, powerpoint). Then clicked the picture, went to format and then "recolour" and made it black and white. There u go~! then you right click, select the option "save as picture".
oh thanks that is much easier

Reaction score
helloo :) i is in need of help
oh my lord i don't know what's going wrong here ! :cry:
View attachment 7342
i'm doing question number 44 ( http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_qp_2.pdf )
annndd i did the sort and that's what's causing this error. frustrating
i tried removing the sort for staff and a whole lot of other things but i cant figure it out :(

*EDIT
i just tried changing the yes to -1 , it worked but it's not sorted properlyy =[
i only get the answer matching the marking scheme if i only sort date WITHOUT staff :O

in the criteria you will just write Yes without quotations and make sure for the date criteria you write Between 1/1/2009 And 31/1/2009 nothing less nothing more :)

i actually asked other people and they told me this solution is better than the other cuz some might get confused up with the code so the told me to do that step:)
EDIT
This way is the best and my other way is also correct but when i asked today again the Mr told me that they might not accept it so be on the safe side don't take a risk plz. Gregway, do this way way better !!!!!!!

choose what u like , but ur first solution for me its better and for others the second solution is better :)

wen typing Yes for the tour, dont put quotations and do the sorting when making the report, not in the query :D

tnx for trying to help :)

Reaction score
The no repeat thing doesnt work for me. :/ It still tiles up.

try using the second Amro wrote in page 20 or 21 :)

I already formatted as DMY while importing it. It still didn't work. The final database is stillM/D/Y

Cant happen , edit the date and also the separator and the data types asked in the question and continue editing from inside and tell me what happens with you :)

How about checking the examiner report? They might have commented about that.

maybe u r right :)

Where can I find the examiner's report?

its written instead of qp and ms "er" :)

thanks ! :O
but for the sort thing ,, same result happens as before :/ it's the other way around compared to ms, in ms the date is sorted but not the staff (http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_ms_2.pdf )

try changing the boolean/logical part while importing not after finishing :)

tnx a lot Gergawy :)
when we import a file in access, if there is a field like cost or price, then which data type do we select (while importing)? currency? numeric? or double?
btw what does double actually mean?
what does "flip the image" means? how to do it?

as it asks in the question , u put , if number comes first then u make it number and in the format u make it currency , forget about double , u wont need it , and flipping the image , means flipping it horizontally to the other side , i remember that question :)

Gregawy, I got the method to change the format of the date.

good :)

Control Pannel -->Region and Language---> Change date format to English( United Kingdom)

yeah thats a way too , i am stressful not remembering all the ways , sry for that , glad u found it yourself :)
and tnx for trying to help

its where all the other papers are and it has "er" in the file name.. here u go, this is what teh examiners said:
"Questions 38 and 39 – set up a database field structure and import data
The evidence of the field structure was generally provided and correct. The formatting for the Price field was
always checked on the relevant report to see that it was correctly applied in two decimal places. It was noted
that some regional settings would not (in a simple way) enable correct import of date data in the format
day/month/year if date format was expecting month/day/year. In this case dates past the twelfth of the
month would not be recognised or imported, leaving blank data in the date field for a large number of
records. To alleviate this difficulty, CIE prepared and made available, alternative source files in which the
data was formatted for month/day/year, notifying Centres of this arrangement. Some few candidates did
import the data with date errors and allowance was made for this when noted by an Examiner in the reports."

Sorry fo rteh late reply. Btw teh alternative source file is nbook1.

good good :)

i really need hlp in doing IF function in Excel in oct/nov2011 session

see it from the mark scheme and try to understand , if u didnt get it , tell me i will explain it for you :)

ohh no they actually ask you to remove the yellow colour in such a way that the picture is white and black
what you have to do is set the saturation to -100 and then use the enhance colour option

thats a good idea too , but in the mark scheme , it came as i did , saturation is -100 :)

wat i did was copied the picture to powerpoint (yes, powerpoint). Then clicked the picture, went to format and then "recolour" and made it black and white. There u go~! then you right click, select the option "save as picture".

good idea , tnx for trying to help :)

Hey guys, in MJ 10 Paper 2 q4. It asked:
Save and print the entry in your address book. (This may be a screenshot to show that you have added the contact to your address book)

Is this the correct screenshot.

you shud have it like this. Check out the mark scheme for the 2011 paper (im not sure which one)

youssef no , you must do it as natsume hyuga did it , he is correct :)

I have got another question. In MJ 10, q 41. I got a different answer from the mark scheme. You can see from the records of the Airush.

I repeat this step many times but I still got a different answer.

try doing the question literally and if there is a criteria which says in the question contains , use stars before and after the words not quotations :)

Do you have any idea how much marks the MS EXCEL portion was of ICT Practical Paper 31 M/J 12?
Thanks

sry i dont say anything about m/j 2012 :)

# 46 )
___

to make the summary use query wizard and choose the staff and income and perform a sum for income and a count for staff and the group by should be for the count only, if u didnt understand tell me , i will tell u in more details :)

I just did this today. Follow this:
1. Make a new Query
2. Add the field Staff and Income field
3. Add the Week field, but make it not show. The criteria should be 37
4. Then do the group by method for Income. Choose SUM
5. To count the number of holidays, add the field "Number" then make it COUNT.
6. Run the query, you shall get the correct query.

thank you!!! so can i use this whenever i wanna group / find the total sum?

glad you got it :)
yes :)

This method works for all kinds of summary questions. Remember:
1. You will have one field which you will not do group by. Eg: Staff field
2. You will have 2 or more fields where you will do the "group by" technique.

got it! thanks ! =D

glad u got it :)

When making a label. how can I display the field names for each label?

you will write the name by ur hand and then add the field by the right side arrow " > " , thats it :)

oh thanks that is much easier

glad u got it :)

how to prevent the background from tiling????

Yo bro how to prevent tilting??

try seeing the picture , if u can change the code as it is shown in the picture then its ok , if not , tell me i will tell u to do it in another way , btw this code must be changed in the stylesheet file itself :)

did u sort it properly?

i tried helping him :)

Reaction score
I have written paper 2-----but i have no idea of any program on paper 3 (excel, HTML and power point) i will appreciate if someone can volunteer to help me-i have paper 3 exams on 2nd may......please help

Reaction score
I have written paper 2-----but i have no idea of any program on paper 3 (excel, HTML and power point) i will appreciate if someone can volunteer to help me-i have paper 3 exams on 2nd may......please help

paper 3 , maybe it will come excel and html only and maybe with powerpoint :)

this is very urgent i really hope someone can help me o/n 2011 p3 excel the last step please
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_w11_qp_3.pdf

are u serious , cuz the last step is talking about printing the evidence document o_Oo_O

Status
Not open for further replies.