• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

If you have any question on chem p6 im ready you guys. Don't Worry!!

Reaction score
no , a paper had a question saying suggest a suitable solvent for water-soluble fruit coloring's... i put ethanol,, but the answer is water :(
they kind of help you, you always use a solvent that the substance to do chromatography to dissolves in. because its the main concept.

Reaction score
no , a paper had a question saying suggest a suitable solvent for water-soluble fruit coloring's... i put ethanol,, but the answer is water :(
its quite obvious :p
the question says the fruit colorings are soluble in water so water must be the solvent.
as a solvent is a substance which dissolves a solute.
the solute there being the fruit colorings and since they are soluble in water they would dissolve in water.
hence water is the solvent.
hope u got it!!!

Reaction score
C:\Users\etisalat\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
how do we solve this

Reaction score
i dont get hw do u find the equations in electrolysis??
if you know the products in each electrode then the equations become easy. first here are some basics you need to know. 1- the ions that are less reactive deposite in the electrodes e.g if we have sodium ions and Cu ions , then the Cu will deposite because its less reactive, reactive ones tend to stay as ion form.
2- Anions go to the Anode and Cations go to the Cathode.

lets say Aluminum deposited in the cathode. we know that the valency of Al is 3+ this means that it needs to lose 3 electrons to change from an ion to an atom. so whn it goes to the cathode it gives up these elctrodes and become an element, so therefore the equation becomes Al3+ 3e------> Al

and if chlorine goes to the anode, we know chlorine has a valency of -1 so it needs to gain one electron to become a gas. the equation thus becomes Cl-1 -------> Cl + e