• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Biology Paper6

Reaction score
not too good ...not too bad!!
I missed the prediction bit too!! I din't knw wht to say for that one! =S
Other all were good... Answerable! =P =D Allhumdulila

Reaction score
i got 77.77777777777%
i solve it like this 9-2=7
7/9*100=77.77777777777777..........
but some of my friend got 88.8

Reaction score
I ALSO GOT THE PERCENTAGE 77.8 ND I THINK IT IS THE RIGHT ANSWER BUT SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAY THAT THE ANSWER IS 800 I DONT GET IT AT ALL ND BTW DA FIRST QUESTION WAS PRETTY EASY AS IT IS A BLOOD VESSEL I THINK THE ANSWER WILL BE THE BLOOD VESSEL WILL RETURN TO ITS ORIGINAL LENGHT WHICH IS 20 mm ND THE EXPLAINATION WAS THAT AS IT IS A BLOOD VESSEL IT IS FORMED FROM ELASTIC TISSUE SO IT CAN BE STRETCHED ND CAN RETURN TO ITS ORIGINAL LENGTH

Reaction score
i got 900%, but i think it was meant to be 800%what did you guys write in the question where it asked why the seeds in the tomato juice didnt germinate but seeds in the pH 6 did?

Reaction score
it was bcause of the competition.
dish C had 10 seedling whereas dish B had 20 so there was more competition in dish B for water and oxygen so they didnt germinate well.

Reaction score
guys 1. what was the label of the axis in the graph of the mass of weights and the increase in the diameter of the blood vessel ???? :)
2. what were the labels required in the first drawing of the artery ( blood vessel X ) ? :D

Reaction score
the percentage was 800
and u can't cheat becauz those who do the exam b4 u do will take a different varient
what was the similarty

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
see the correct is around 80 there will be a range!! wrong ans. ar around 800 or may be 35
now see there is a math knowledge needed first u had to find the no. of seeds that would germinate if 20 seeds were there in dish C that would be double the no. in 10 seeds i.e. 9 x 2 = 18
increase will be 18 - 2 = 16
we always find % increase as a percentage of original i.e. of total 20 seeds=>16/20 x 100 = 80 %

Reaction score
guys 1. what was the label of the axis in the graph of the mass of weights and the increase in the diameter of the blood vessel ???? :mrgreen:
2. what were the labels required in the first drawing of the artery ( blood vessel X ) ? :D
( forget about the percentage it is only for 2 marks :idea: )

Reaction score
i got the % increase as 79% but idk
i did 90%-11%=79%
i found the % of the # of seeds germinated in each and then subtract the two to find the % increase....
also the graph question i messed up so bad i had 5mins remaining n i rly didnt know what to do so
i just did something n tht is wrong ...
d paper was relatively okay thou...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
ur ans lies in the range but i doubt ur working how did u get 90% and 11%

Reaction score
guys 1. what was the label of the axis in the graph of the mass of weights and the increase in the diameter of the blood vessel ????
2. what were the labels required in the first drawing of the artery ( blood vessel X ) ?
( forget about the percentage it is only for 2 marks )
3. what was the purpose of DISH A ???

Reaction score
do u no tht planetmaster views all the posts ever made here in this forum? n another thing is tht its not possible to cheat in exams bcuz there is 1st and 2nd varient papers and the cambridge ppl have already thout bout this happening so 1st varient papers r in one time zone n 2nd varient papers in another time zone. if this was possible to happen this forum would never exist...n neither would the 1st and 2nd varient pps....!!!

Reaction score
@math angel
the number of seeds germinated divided by the total number times 100
then i subtracted the 2 answers to get the % increase.
im rly not sure of tht calculation....