• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

igcse math paper 2

Reaction score
How was your exam guys paper 22 ? :D i think it was easy but some functions were hard :p what was the gradient of the parralel lines and the inverse of f? :)

Reaction score
The gradient or "k" was 2.5. I left it at 1.25 but was supposed to multiply it by 2. Can't remember the inverse of f but it was the cube root of x minus something followed by -2. All in all was a splendid paper. Though I did make errors where I shouldn't have, I still expect a 64, which should make the threshold for this paper, which I expect to be in the late 50's for A*.

Reaction score
The gradient or "k" was 2.5. I left it at 1.25 but was supposed to multiply it by 2. Can't remember the inverse of f but it was the cube root of x minus something followed by -2. All in all was a splendid paper. Though I did make errors where I shouldn't have, I still expect a 64, which should make the threshold for this paper, which I expect to be in the late 50's for A*.
haha yeah i used 1.25 k the inverse of f i got it wrong hopefully i expect 63-65 inshallah but out of 200 how much do u expect the thereshold to be ?

Reaction score
no but the parallel lines will be 1.25 bcoz they r parallel so they must have the same gradient! is tht crrct?? :/

Reaction score
Thats what i knw but some people say we should multiply it by 2 :1 :/ uggh i had silly mistakes

Reaction score
Heyyy.. The gradient was 1.25.. right?? And about the transformation.. was it y-invariant or X-invariant??

Reaction score
yes i knw tht it was 2 y but first of all i think if there must be a change then it has to be divided by 2 to get only y and secondly if u divide or multiply u will be changing the gradient and they r parallel and I think tht this was the examiner's point :/ so wts ur opinion abt this?? :/
and another thing wt abt the f(g) x?? and btw I made more silly mistakes xSS hoping tht the curve will be low!

Reaction score
O has infinite lines of symmetry right? was confused a little...fg(x) were we supposed to open brackets of the (x+2) cube?

Reaction score
yes O had infinite lines of symmetry and yes i knw tht u had to open tht but wht was its final ans??

Reaction score
paper 4 will include vectors symmetry probability and maybe a little statistics last page sequences for sure maybe a little transformation and some graphing , areas and volumes and geomtry and mensuration :p hopefully it will be easy and i hope for a low grade thershold :) (curve) :D