• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

igcse math paper 2

Reaction score
Aslam-o-Alikum every body . i have noticed that every student was worried about the the equation of // lines ( 14y=xxxx ) but one thing is clear that gradient of // lines is always same so k was not even 1.25 or 2.25 . i m dame sure about my theory.

Reaction score
Anybody knows when the marking scheme or even only the paper will get uploaded on the internet?

Reaction score
Aslam-o-Alikum every body . i have noticed that every student was worried about the the equation of // lines ( 14y=xxxx ) but one thing is clear that gradient of // lines is always same so k was not even 1.25 or 2.25 . i m dame sure about my theory.
u aint wrong but do u remember that any equation of line shud be y=mx+c
so make y da subject of da formula n then u'll see one one of them is (sth/4) n da other is (sth/2)
n den 5/4 = 1.25
here comes da question is it 1.25 o do i hav to multiply it by 2 ??
Tu as compris??
(sorry just felt like speakin french)

Reaction score
actually my opinion is tht it doesn't have to be multiplied bcoz if u multiply then u will change the gradient and they r parallel!

Reaction score
u aint wrong but do u remember that any equation of line shud be y=mx+c
so make y da subject of da formula n then u'll see one one of them is (sth/4) n da other is (sth/2)
n den 5/4 = 1.25
here comes da question is it 1.25 o do i hav to multiply it by 2 ??
Tu as compris??
(sorry just felt like speakin french)
Hey! I did in another way and i got the answer 2.5 :p
it doesnt involve multiplying 1.25 or anything :D

Reaction score
me too , i didnt get it as 1.25 i just felt i have failed half of the exam after reading what most people got here :(

Reaction score
It was great actually! Didn't expect it to come that good xD
Plus, it was 19 questions only not 22 =D
I'm just having a fear from paper 4, rabena yostor :3