• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it possible to improve grades from AS to A2?

Reaction score
My AS results are 3 A's in my main subjects (Economics, Mathematics and English Language) and a B in my extra subject, physics. I just wanted to known if it's possible that this B be converted into an A or even A* after my A2 exams.

Reaction score
Hi. Well, I have completed my Alevels thus can comment in your case. Since you scored B in physics, you definitely have scope to increase your grade. For eg, lets think you have a 75. So if you score atleast a 85 in A2, you can convert your Physics mark to A. And if you score 95 in A2, then bingo: an A*. Although I know there is grade thresholds which decrease and thus your chances increase. However, you should at least try for a 85 if you want an A, since you cannot be dependent on the thresholds to decrease. Like, this time the grade thresholds for maths INCREASED. So, to answer your query, you can definitely increase your grades. Just work hard and believe in the Almighty.

Reaction score
Hi. Well, I have completed my Alevels thus can comment in your case. Since you scored B in physics, you definitely have scope to increase your grade. For eg, lets think you have a 75. So if you score atleast a 85 in A2, you can convert your Physics mark to A. And if you score 95 in A2, then bingo: an A*. Although I know there is grade thresholds which decrease and thus your chances increase. However, you should at least try for a 85 if you want an A, since you cannot be dependent on the thresholds to decrease. Like, this time the grade thresholds for maths INCREASED. So, to answer your query, you can definitely increase your grades. Just work hard and believe in the Almighty.
Thank you very much! So, I have to try really hard then it might even be possible to achieved an A*, right? :)

Reaction score
Yes, God willing, its possible. And always remember, believe in the Almighty and work hard. Success is destined. Best of luck. Keep me in your prayers.

Reaction score
If you get As in both P4 and P5, you'll probably increase to an A. For A* you'll need 20-30 marks more than the threshold for A. It depends more on your component grades. If you have As in both P1 and P2 or something similar so that means you're very close to an A and improving to A is easier. A couple of Cs in components would make it much more difficult to improve. In that case AS retake would be a much more suitable option.