• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is Oct/Nov IGCSE examination harder than compared to May/June ?

Reaction score
I want to ask if it is harder as i am planning to take my IGCSE exam on Oct/Nov 2012 as i am not ready to do it now .. So i want to know if i should expect a harder exam on Oct/Nov or does it vary (smetimes harder or smetimes easier than compared to the May/June paper ) ...
Thanks ...
:D

Reaction score
okayy thanks ... But after seeing some of da past papers it seemed like some of the subjects are much harder on Oct/Nov ..

Reaction score
Ohaider!

Ha, this controversy has no end! Well, I'm somewhat in the same position as you. I'm doing Alevels though, Aced My IGCSE but alevels is so damn tough, atleast for me it is.
I don't want a B in my Report Card, so opting for The Oct/Nov Session, and trust me its all the same. After these Variants stuff came into play, I believe all the papers are of same difficulty.

Incase A paper becomes tough, well average students will do bad, and then threshold is lowered and everything is fixed anyways. Just focus on your studies and go for Oct/Nov, it isnt hard just check out the PastPapers and decide for yourself!

Reaction score
Ohaider!

Ha, this controversy has no end! Well, I'm somewhat in the same position as you. I'm doing Alevels though, Aced My IGCSE but alevels is so damn tough, atleast for me it is.
I don't want a B in my Report Card, so opting for The Oct/Nov Session, and trust me its all the same. After these Variants stuff came into play, I believe all the papers are of same difficulty.

Incase A paper becomes tough, well average students will do bad, and then threshold is lowered and everything is fixed anyways. Just focus on your studies and go for Oct/Nov, it isnt hard just check out the PastPapers and decide for yourself!

your saying was is so encouraging:) ....i am also applying for oct/nov and was kinda worried but as he said it depends upon de students and if you studied or not.!!
Thank You So Much !!!

Reaction score
Ohaider!

Thank you for the information !! i waz veryy worried bt nw im relaxed .. n im kinda glad i applied for oct/nov ... Thank you soo much again ... :D

Reaction score
your saying was is so encouraging:) ....i am also applying for oct/nov and was kinda worried but as he said it depends upon de students and if you studied or not.!!
Thank You So Much !!!

Heyy! Glad to my C Grade English helped someone! ^.^ .
Yeah, according to my theory, well not certified by anyone though, that most of the students are kinda weak who apply for Oct/Nov, like us lol, So the thresholds hopefully should be low. I'm just kidding, but no seriously I hope it is. You welcome serah!
P.S I reside In Jeddah too /m\

Thank you for the information !! i waz veryy worried bt nw im relaxed .. n im kinda glad i applied for oct/nov ... Thank you soo much again ... :D

Same here, No point in rushing subjects and being unsatisfied with your results. The end justifies the means.. =]
And You welcome!!

TMI i know but still; I got A* in Chem, Phys, Bio and A for Maths In IGCSE. But In Alevels Im getting DCBD.. LOL. When you get your holidays, don't pardy and waste your time, do keep in touch with studies you both.

Reaction score
Heyy! Glad to my C Grade English helped someone! ^.^ .
Yeah, according to my theory, well not certified by anyone though, that most of the students are kinda weak who apply for Oct/Nov, like us lol, So the thresholds hopefully should be low. I'm just kidding, but no seriously I hope it is. You welcome serah!
P.S I reside In Jeddah too /m\

Same here, No point in rushing subjects and being unsatisfied with your results. The end justifies the means.. =]
And You welcome!!

TMI i know but still; I got A* in Chem, Phys, Bio and A for Maths In IGCSE. But In Alevels Im getting DCBD.. LOL. When you get your holidays, don't pardy and waste your time, do keep in touch with studies you both.
Yaa i will try my best to continue studing in the holidays ... Wish u all the best in ur exams .. :D

Reaction score
I want to ask if it is harder as i am planning to take my IGCSE exam on Oct/Nov 2012 as i am not ready to do it now .. So i want to know if i should expect a harder exam on Oct/Nov or does it vary (smetimes harder or smetimes easier than compared to the May/June paper ) ...
Thanks ...
:D
oct/nov is easier than the summer paper