• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IS THERE NEGATIVE MARKING IN O LEVEL?

Reaction score
I am sure it was around about 165-168, i don't remember, just between this. Only if i had some time, i would have managed to to cross out words that weren't needed. Are we? my teacher told to make sure we've a word count written at the end. Speech was awful :/ like the biggest flop of my life i tell you :/ I've been focusing mostly on articles and news reports. letters. Only once practiced speech, not that I didn't know of the format or tone, but ran out of words/ideas because the topic was so bakwas! -.-
speech was hateful.. i know i could have done a better job :cry:

Reaction score
if you exceed alot in directed writing, in the report, does it matter? Or effect your grade?

Reaction score
There is no negative marking in CIE papers like in SAT. This has been confirmed by UCLES

Reaction score
Sometimes i think i cannot fulfil my parents expectations... It is not easy to get A*s :(

Reaction score
Im having a doubt that I have drawn a post box for a letter in Bengali exam paper..
In last year paper they asked so I didnt read the question and Id did it so will they deduct any mark for it ?
Igcse o level paper 1 bengali

Reaction score
okay, random question but does it matter if we exceed the lines given to us for an answer? My teachers said the examirers don't check anything that goes beyond the given space o_O but i don't think that's true, or is it?

Na, these are myths. The examiners are not your enemies. They appreciate your efforts and they are bound to check even below the lines. However, we are not supposed to write in the column which says "For examiner's use only" ;)

Reaction score
Na, these are myths. The examiners are not your enemies. They appreciate your efforts and they are bound to check even below the lines. However, we are not supposed to write in the column which says "For examiner's use only" ;)
r u sure abt it? becos I've done this n evrybdy says that wat u wrote below the lines won't be chked :(

Reaction score
Yes u will get the mark...but only 1 mark out of 2

Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong here.

This is true for A Levels, but not O levels.

In O Levels, either you get the mark, or you don't. If it's worth 2 marks, and you write 2 correct points followed by 2 wrong ones, you get the mark (as long as they're not reciprocated contradictions!)

Reaction score
okay, random question but does it matter if we exceed the lines given to us for an answer? My teachers said the examirers don't check anything that goes beyond the given space o_O but i don't think that's true, or is it?

Stuff written below the given space is checked. Stuff written in the right margin is not.

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong here.

This is true for A Levels, but not O levels.

In O Levels, either you get the mark, or you don't. If it's worth 2 marks, and you write 2 correct points followed by 2 wrong ones, you get the mark (as long as they're not reciprocated contradictions!)
No but they correct only the first two ponts if they have asked for two points and they dont look into all four points

Reaction score
Plz anybody tell me............I heard that if a question is worth 2 marks and I write 2 correct correct points followed by two incorrect points......will I gain the 2 marks?
they correct only the first two points and the rest they cut it off

Reaction score
No but they correct only the first two ponts if they have asked for two points and they dont look into all four points

For a question which STATES that give two points, this holds true.

For general questions, which do not explicitly STATE that give two points etc, but imply so, in that, give you 3 marks etc, they do give you the marks!

Reaction score
Even I exceeded the word limit i p1 and after reading this have become a little relaxed. though idk what got into me that i wrote a fake word count, because i had exceeded a lot. i hope they dont make an issue out of this.

Reaction score
in p2, in the summary i think i managed to get that in the given words or maybe a few words up, not really massively worried about that because p1 holds like 90% more marks than 5 marks summary :p so i was freakin worried :/ Aw! you're making me feel soo much better now, like completely the even one. Before i kept thinking what a fool i am that i wrote so much when it wasn't even needed. so did you mention in the word count that you've written 700 words in the end or not? btw, how many marks are deducted for spelling mistakes? I learned a couple of new words that morning and used them, of which two of the words spelling i messed up D: btw, how was your speech?
Speech? The directed writing was on a magazine article no?