• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamic Moral Stories

Reaction score
STORY -- THE CLEANER

During my second lesson of nursing school, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?”

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark- haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name?

I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.

Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.

“Absolutely,” said the professor. “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say ‘Hello.”

I’ve never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Halimah.

May ALLAH give us the ability to make all people feel special, may ALLAH never make us look down upon a person. Aameen

Reaction score
STORY -- THE CLEANER

During my second lesson of nursing school, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?”

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark- haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name?

I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.

Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.

“Absolutely,” said the professor. “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say ‘Hello.”

I’ve never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Halimah.

May ALLAH give us the ability to make all people feel special, may ALLAH never make us look down upon a person. Aameen
Ameen

Reaction score
STORY -- THE COOKIE

A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. As she would need to wait many hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time. She also bought a packet of cookies. She sat down in an armchair, in the VIP room of the airport, to rest and read in peace.

Beside the armchair where the packet of cookies lay, a man sat down in the next seat, opened his magazine and started reading.

When she took out the first cookie, the man took one also. She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought: “What a nerve! If I was in the mood I would punch him for daring!”

For each cookie she took, the man took one too. This was infuriating her but she didn’t want to cause a scene.

When only one cookie remained, she thought: “ah… What is this abusive man going to do now?” Then, the man, taking the last cookie, divided it into half, giving her one half.

Ah! That was too much! She was much too angry now! In a huff, she took her book, her things and stormed to the boarding place.

When she sat down in her seat, inside the plane, she looked into her purse to take her glasses, and to her surprise, her packet of cookies was there, untouched, unopened! She felt so ashamed! She realized that she was wrong.

She had forgotten that her cookies were kept in her purse. The man had divided his cookies with her, without feeling angered or bitter.

“While she had been very angry, thinking that she was dividing her cookies with him. And now there was no chance to explain herself, nor to apologize.”

May ALLAH give us the ability to NEVER judge too quickly. Aameen.

Reaction score
Surah KAHF has Four stories in it,having some morals,lets see them and understand what they are saying to us:

1) The People Of The Cave
Its the story of young men who lived in a disbelieving town, so they decided to migrate for the sake of Allah and run away. -Allah rewards them with mercy in the cave and protection from the sun - They woke up and found the entire village believers.
MORAL:TRIAL OF FAITH.

2) The Owner Of Two Gardens
A story of a man whom Allah blessed with two beautiful gardens, but the man forgot to thank the One who blessed him with everything and he even dared to doubt Allah regarding the afterlife.So His garden was destroyed - He regretted ,but was too late and his regret did not benefit him .
MORAL:TRIAL OF WEALTH.

3) Musa(AS) and Khidr(AS)
When Musa(AS) was asked-“Who’s the most knowledgeable of the people of earth?"” Musa(AS) said:Me...,but Allah revealed to him that there’s someone who Knows more than him.Musa(AS) traveled to the man and learnt how the Divine Wisdom can sometimes be hidden in matters which we perceive as bad.
MORAL:TRIAL OF KNOWLEDGE.

4) Dhul-Qarnayn
Its a story of the great King that was given knowledge and power and was going around the world,helping people and spreading all that's good.He was able to overcome the problem of Yajooj-Majooj and build a massive dam with the help of people whom he could not even understand.
MORAL:TRIAL OF POWER.

Reaction score
Alhamdulilah..

There was a sheikh who was sitting in a gathering and was praising Allah when su...ddenly someone came and informed him that his ship that carried good worth thousands of dinars has drowned in the sea..

The sheikh kept quite for a second, smiled and said : ”ALHAMDULILLAH and then continued his preaching.

After sometime that person again came and said that the earlier news was wrong and his ship has reached safely ashore. He again kept quite for a second, smiled and said ALHAMDULILLA”..

When asked why did he say ALHAMDULILLAH both times, he said :” when i heard the bad news, i kept quite as i wanted to feel my intensity of love for Allah after i had befallen such great loss and i found that my heart loves Allah same as it loved before..

There was no ingratitude in my heart for Allah after this loss. So i said ALHAMDULILLAH and later when i came to know that my ship was safe i again wanted to see that has the love in my heart for Allah increased after HE had saved my ship..

But i again found the love in my heart for Allah same as before. This material and worldly gain had not increased it. So i again said ALHAMDULILLAH.. "

SubhanAllah.. !!

Reaction score
579517_293792034031258_122705147806615_664311_1807576203_n.jpg
A really good story about the high school basketball coach who was attempting to motivate his players to persevere through a difficult season. Halfway through the season he stood before the team and said, Did Michael Jordan ever quit?" The team responded, No!" He yelled, What about Wright brothers? Did they ever give up?" "No!" hollered back the team."Did Muhammad Ali ever quit?" Again the team yelled, "No!" "Did Elmer McAllister ever quit?"
There was a long silence. Finally, one player was bold enough to ask, Who is Elmer McAllister? We’ve never heard of him." The coach snapped back, Of course you've never heard of him - he quit!"........

Reaction score
ALWAYS LOVE YOUR MOTHER!

My mom only had one eye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.

There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.

How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, ‘EEEE, your mom only has one eye!’

I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, ‘ If you’re only gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?’

My mom did not respond… I didn’t even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.

I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.

Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.

When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, ‘How dare you come to my house and scare my children!’ GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!’

And to this, my mother quietly answered, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,’ and she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.

My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.

‘My dearest son,

I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.

I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.

You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine.

I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.

With all my love to you,

Your mother.’

If you find this story useful, please share with a friend!

Reaction score
This story about "Istighfar” (seeking forgiveness from Allah) is from the life of Imam Ahmed Bin Hanbal, who is considered as a renowned scholar of Islam and a famous theologian. Imam Ahmed is also considered to be the founder of the Hanbali school of fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) and is one of the most celebrated Sunni theologians, often referred to as the “Sheikh ul-Islam” or the “Imam of Ahl al-Sunnah.”

During his old age, while Imam Ahmed was travelling he stopped by a town. After the prayers, he wanted to stay for the night in the masjid yard because he didn’t know anyone in the town. Owing to his humility, he hadn’t introduced himself to anyone thinking that if he did, he would be welcomed by many people.

Failing to recognize Ahmed bin Hanbal, the caretaker of the mosque refused to let him stay in the mosque. As Imam Ahmed was quite old, the caretaker had to drag him out of the mosque. On seeing this, a baker from a nearby place felt pity for this man (Imam Ahmed) and offered to be the host to him for the night. During his stay with the baker, Imam Ahmed observed that the baker would constantly recite Istighfar (seek forgiveness from Allah). Imam Ahmed asked the baker if the constant practice of saying Istighfar had any effect on him. The baker responded by telling Imam Ahmed that Allah had accepted all of his duas (supplications), except one. When he asked him what dua was it that hadn’t been accepted, the baker replied that he had been asking Allah to provide him the privilege to meet the famous scholar Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal.

On this, Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal said that Allah had not only listened to his dua but had dragged him onto his (the baker’s) doorsteps. [Summarized from Al Jumuah magazine, vol 19, issue 7]

This story is a reminder of the power of saying Istighfar (seeking forgiveness) frequently. Let’s remember that the prophet used to say Istighfar frequently during the day.