• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat help!

Reaction score
Well, since the syllabus of Islamiyat 2058 has changed from quite some time. So I intended to ask that are the following topics still expected to come or are included in the syllabus for the students appearing in 2011. They are as follows:

1. Financial and Economic teachings of Islam like Usury and Riba.
2. Modesty. Ethics?
3. Position and status of women.
4. Shia beliefs about Hazrat Ali.
5. Imamat
6. Muslims in their relation with other states.
7. The relations of Rightly Guided Caliphs with other states/

THanks:)))! All of these have been included in the early papers but due to the syllabus change, I was a bit confused.
Awaiting replies:D

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Just go through 1, 2 and 3... these are not specifically mentioned in the syllabus, but you cannot leave them!
The rest 4, 5, 6 (I doubt this one) and 7.. are important topics, and you people must study them!

Reaction score
@nibz....hmmm.....all of them EXCEPT Imamat are quite easy. Imamat is a BIG topic which has many personalities. Though if you say that knowing about Imam hussan and hussain is sufficient then its fine,/....but the rest are quite difficult. Like Imama Taqi and all others!
Please shed some light on this!

OTHER MEMBERS AWARE OF THIS SHOULD ALSO POST IT HERE....thanks!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No No... just remember their names (though, its better u know a bit details of the rest), but details about Hussain (R.A) and Hassan (R.A) should be on your finger tips!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
No No... just remember their names (though, its better u know a bit details of the rest), but details about Hussain (R.A) and Hassan (R.A) should be on your finger tips!
But Nibz we have a choice on that! I m only doing Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain as they are important! Rest I have never seen in Past papers :D

Reaction score
You have a choice to leave immamat and do all the other topics as the question of imamat has always come in a choice,so you can leave them out completely or do the two most important because in the choice if you get a difficult question you can always do this question as they are always easy questions provided that the question on imamat comes.:p

Reaction score
But its rare to see other Questions about Imams rather that Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain in the past paper! :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It is not at all necessary that all the questions be repeated!
If the syllabus has changed, this clearly means that there are chances of new questions to come!
And don't take CIE as a joke (by leaving SECTION III in Pak St. and Imamat and Relations in Islamiyat)
This is the pattern of Islamiyat Paper 1:
Q1: Major Themes of Quran
Q2: The history and Importance of Quran
Q3: The life and importance of Prohpet Muhammad (S.A.W)
Q4: The First Islamic Community
Q5: This question will be set from EITHER the topic of "the life and imp of Prophet (S.A.W) OR the first Islamic Community!

And so better you do every single thing mentioned in the syllabus; rather than going for choices and leaving such impoortant topics!
If Imamat wasn't there previously in the syllabus and is included now.. It is quite obvious that a question can come on this topic!

Reaction score
But Nibz there are so many Imams and it is really difficult to learn about all of them! Yeah We ain't paying the fees of paper for taking risk! I m not leaving anything but isn't it unfair ??

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
As I said, just their names and 4-5 points each.. That's it. (apart from Hussain (R.A) and Hassan (R.A), of course).

Reaction score
Just read the revision checklist from here, and for the 2011 syllabus see this. If it isn't there, then you shouldn't have to study it. But it it's there, then it's important that you do cover it.

About Imamat.. my Islamiat teacher told me to just through Imam Hassan, Imam Hussain and Imam Mehdi, you don't really need to learn the others. If they do come, then there'll be an option in the question. Well that's what he said and I'm not sure if there's any changes regarding that in the 2011 syllabus.

Reaction score
Yes indeed this type of question always comes in a choice so i would leave out immamt but ill just read the two imams you mentioned.

Reaction score
I dont think i'll leave it. But, i might not answer it if it comes :p.
Man, what i find difficult is this chapter, i.e. Islamic Community.
For the rest, i believe its easy, nevertheless lengthy.
I am leaving the Surahs to the very last days, cuz by then ill have notes, and ill just learn them in the end, for FRESH knowledge :p.