• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

just finish paper 12 ICT

egy

Reaction score
any other question to discuss in the theory paper?

about the robot thingy I wrote the following

less number of workers so low wages to pay

more standardized products and less human errors

high output and robots work for long time than workers and high productivity

what do you think can I get full mark

Reaction score
about the robot thingy I wrote the following

less number of workers so low wages to pay

more standardized products and less human errors

high output and robots work for long time than workers and high productivity

what do you think can I get full mark
yes...I wrote:
1) Productivity will be higher as robots do not take breaks or become ill
2) Robots can the repetitive boring tasks so workers are free to do the skillful jobs
3) Robots can work 24/7 ...what do u thnk?

egy

Reaction score
yes...I wrote:
2) Robots can the repetitive boring tasks so workers are free to do the skillful jobs

so good (y)

Reaction score
yes...I wrote:

I worte the same thing :)

Reaction score
i know but for example in access they write it number in design view i wrote numeric then changed it to number
so possible answers imo= numeric/number/double ...most imp u got the idea of what type it shud be...isn't it?

Reaction score
so possible answers imo= numeric/number/double ...most imp u got the idea of what type it shud be...isn't it?
i really hope so :p i did a stupid mistake the costed me 4 marks still annoyed about it wrote touch pad instead of touch screen and listen advantages of wlan instead of disadvantages

Reaction score
i really hope so :p i did a stupid mistake the costed me 4 marks still annoyed about it wrote touch pad instead of touch screen and listen advantages of wlan instead of disadvantages
will not affect the A* ... am sure u can lose abt 45 marks in total of all 3 papers..every yr its the same almost...dw

Reaction score
Sensor or Microphone :)

Sensor !!!! <3

For Control or measurement

__________________________Measurement------------Control______________________
Automatic Washing Machines | ---------- ✓ ----------------✖--------------------

For Robots i wrote :

• Robots are able to do multiple tasks at a time thus decreasing amount of time wasted and money spent on multiple workers
  • Robots never get tired thus they can work 24/7 which will give a higher output to the company
  • Robots are more accurate than humans thus every product produced will have same reliability so accuracy is insured

For the EFTPOS i wrote :

EFTPOS which is electronic funds transfer at point of sale is the terminal where stock is checked. it starts when a customer goes the terminal to make a purchase the credit card is passed or bar code of the product is inserted, then system contacts bank to check if Credit card is stolen if not continues to check expiry date then if enough funds is found. then when checked it goes to the system to check if purchased item is available, if yes continues to see how much will be left when purchase is completed if it is the less then the reorder level or in the reorder level system automatically notifies that a re order is needed. then purchase is completed.

Looking at previous mark schemes im going to get 89 to 92 hope thats A :)

Good luck for everyone

Hope i didn't hurt someone by posting answers that might be different than his :(

Reaction score
Sensor or Microphone :)

Sensor !!!! <3

For Control or measurement

__________________________Measurement------------Control______________________
Automatic Washing Machines | ---------- ✓ ----------------✖--------------------

For Robots i wrote :

• Robots are able to do multiple tasks at a time thus decreasing amount of time wasted and money spent on multiple workers
  • Robots never get tired thus they can work 24/7 which will give a higher output to the company
  • Robots are more accurate than humans thus every product produced will have same reliability so accuracy is insured

For the EFTPOS i wrote :

EFTPOS which is electronic funds transfer at point of sale is the terminal where stock is checked. it starts when a customer goes the terminal to make a purchase the credit card is passed or bar code of the product is inserted, then system contacts bank to check if Credit card is stolen if not continues to check expiry date then if enough funds is found. then when checked it goes to the system to check if purchased item is available, if yes continues to see how much will be left when purchase is completed if it is the less then the reorder level or in the reorder level system automatically notifies that a re order is needed. then purchase is completed.

Looking at previous mark schemes im going to get 89 to 92 hope thats A :)

Good luck for everyone

Hope i didn't hurt someone by posting answers that might be different than his :(
maaan i only ticked the correct answer for the control measuremnt one...didnt tick crosses.....?????????????????????

Reaction score
maaan i only ticked the correct answer for the control measuremnt one...didnt tick crosses.....?????????????????????
Dude that doesn't matter. :p Examiners aren't dumb, if you mark one of the boxes with a tick, obviously the other one is meant to be a cross.