• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started (SAT Version)

Reaction score
There is a thing known as trolling then there is a thing known as outright blatant lying :p
Banda ban, dont lose your credibility :p

Where do you think I am lying? Not knowing the words or knowing the answers to 2 questions and getting my 50/50 right in the third.

Reaction score
The candidate _____ when asked why he had left his last job; he did not want to admit that he had been ____ .

A. demurred - promoted
B. confided - banned
C. dissembled - dismissed
D. rejoiced - wrong
E. hesitated - lauded

Reaction score
The parliamentary session degenerated into ____ with politicians hurling ____ at each other and refusing to come to order.

A. mayhem - banter
B. disarray - pleasantries
C. tranquillity - invectives
D. chaos - aphorisms
E. anarchy - insults

Reaction score
Do not be fooled by her ____ manner; her superficial ____ belies her worldliness.

A. ingenuous - proficiency
B. worldly - simplicity
C. unsophisticated - naiveté
D. gregarious - isolation
E. off-hand - serious

Reaction score
C.
E.
C? (What does the second word in this mean?) :p All I can think is something related to naive. A cool way to write naivety?

Reaction score
Worldliness is an adjective to describe how much into this world and neglectful of spiritual world you are?

Reaction score
1. Can't be A or B as promotion isn't something to hide and confided is still revealing the story. All of the rest make sense depending on the nature of the person but C made the most sense.

On mobile so these will take time.

Reaction score
2. Rule out A, B, C, D due to the second blanks. D made slight sense but E made much more. A was right in context but exchanging banter? Lol. Leaves E. Fits all blanks.

Reaction score
3. Can't be B as that having worldly twice doesn't make sense. E is wrong as both have to be same context. A wasn't clicking for my instincts.

I guessed C between C and D. Researched meanings since then and D makes no sense. I didn't know gregarious meaning. Also took C as I thought second word us related to naivety (is it?) and then it made sense.