• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Listen guys...who here got very less grades than they expected in A2. I think CIE messed up bigtime

Reaction score
I think you guys are probably right, it is quite likely something went wrong. I was fairly confident of securing at least an A in Physics but to my utter disappointed I have ended up with a B. I have read the marking schemes and have also looked at the grade thresholds and I don't think I could have lost so many marks. I am quite pessimistic if signing petition will work, I don't think if they have committed a mistake they would own up to it. Why would they? It would just be bad publicity.... I will sign it anyway though.

I completely agree with you. Never in their life they will accept their mistake as it will only call upon sabotaged reputation.

Reaction score
The only time i've seen CIE slip-up was in the O level Pak studies and Islamiat paper conducted this year.

Reaction score
Maybe. Do you know of any instance previously where CIE had to make such a statement? I am unaware of any. Let's just hope it works.
Right now all we can do is hope we have many supporters in the last 30 mins
Here is the link for new people.
Guys Please Sign this petention Formally requsting CIE To reevaluate the As and A level papers
http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...heck-and-re-grade-as-and-a-level-papers#share this link is the only hope in changing our grades share it with your friends.

Reaction score
Please stop being naive.I signed the petition but there is almost zero chance that CIE will release a formal statement,dont expect it.Just do a re-sit and hope for the best..it pains tho,that all your hard work is down the drain and it could possibly be because of CIE's ineptness...oh well,life goes on.

Reaction score
Please stop being naive.I signed the petition but there is almost zero chance that CIE will release a formal statement,dont expect it.Just do a re-sit and hope for the best..it pains tho,that all your hard work is down the drain and it could possibly be because of CIE's ineptness...oh well,life goes on.
Well still atleast it raises awareness...

Reaction score

Well maybe, but who's to say that this wont happen again?

Reaction score
everyone here who are suggesting a re-sit are actually suggesting to step back a year for university students enrolling this semister.

It was just shocking to see some brilliant students get B and C, where as they had straight A's in As

Reaction score
This is really childish. Yes, our expectations did not come through BUT first take a look at the grade thresholds, please? Perhaps they toughened those up?

Reaction score
I know what you guys feel, this happens almost every examination session since the last few years. I had a lot of my friends who thought they were marked wrongly and a few even asked for recheck. I'm not going to turn this into a long story but the marking was wrong or not, you need to understand that there's not much you can do now. You can ask for rechecks which are very expensive, and you most probably won't get a change. I'm not predicting this, I have seen this happen with a lot of people so the better advice is to accept the grades, and move on.

I'm not advising you to not do anything about something wrong or whatever but your time now is very important, specially if you just finished your A2, you can't ask them for rechecking and then wait weeks and in the end ruin your plan for university, not to mention that the cost of rechecking is so high that you might as-well give the exams again. I had a friend who was marked really wrong, he went for rechecking and got his own papers and not only was he marked wrong but the examiner made a mistake in counting the total marks, the difference was about 20 marks. Its been more than 6 months now and they still haven't done anything, so just look past it and worry about your future.

Reaction score
Even though everyone of us knows that launching any sort of complaints will bring us no good but I really believe that sitting quiet over this bleak unjust act is a sign of ignorance which should not in any case happen here. At least other students should also get to know how ''Fair'' Cambridge is, I went through the newspapers and came across myriad incidents where Examination board was at fault. They should know they are not God and they can make mistakes alike us.
Moreover, I am very dubious now as iam not sure if I re-sit I will again will not be the victim of their errors. Cambridge is no longer an Examination board they are just like any other industry which is printing money. *sarcastically *

Reaction score
Even though everyone of us knows that launching any sort of complaints will bring us no good but I really believe that sitting quiet over this bleak unjust act is a sign of ignorance which should not in any case happen here. At least other students should also get to know how ''Fair'' Cambridge is, I went through the newspapers and came across myriad incidents where Examination board was at fault. They should know they are not God and they can make mistakes alike us.
Moreover, I am very dubious now as iam not sure if I re-sit I will again will not be the victim of their errors. Cambridge is no longer an Examination board they are just like any other industry which is printing money. *sarcastically *

This is the exact thing I was trying to explain. Its your choice you can either go ahead try to fight them or move on and think about your life. I'm not saying you should not fight but you have better stuff to do right now like making sure you get into a university?
Besides to be honest even if they did make mistakes it can't be more than 20-30 marks and that means 1 grade or maybe 2 at most. So just be wise and think forward not sit with this issue.
Also I don't think they do it purposely its just that when they make mistakes they don't wanna admit to them, firstly because they have to then return all of your money as per their policies and also it can come up in newspapers.

Reaction score
This is the exact thing I was trying to explain. Its your choice you can either go ahead try to fight them or move on and think about your life. I'm not saying you should not fight but you have better stuff to do right now like making sure you get into a university?
Besides to be honest even if they did make mistakes it can't be more than 20-30 marks and that means 1 grade or maybe 2 at most. So just be wise and think forward not sit with this issue.
Also I don't think they do it purposely its just that when they make mistakes they don't wanna admit to them, firstly because they have to then return all of your money as per their policies and also it can come up in newspapers.

We can't get into any decent university with these grades and all we need is to excel by two grades at least, because this is not acceptable at all. I know they will never accept their mistake as they are a tycoon and we are handful of feeble students but they should know we will not turn a blind eye to it so they have a lesson for future.