• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Longman or CIE International for Physics?

Reaction score
for AS Pacific Physics ( Volume 1 and 2 ) is really good ( provided that you know which things to skip in it! ) but it's too big. Also Chris Mee is good. I don't know about David Sang for AS. For A2, David Sang, Roger Muncsater, Chris Mee and Pacific volume 1 and 2 together, in order...
And what you need Physics book for, that also matters. At this stage of time, you might want either to strengthen your concepts, start the course from the beginning or just revise the syllabus. For revision , that is, you want Physics material in a compiled form, I suggest using CIE endorsed material, Chris Mee and David Sang. Concepts cleared and then going through the CIE endorsed material is good too.
Pacific volume 1 and 2 got really good questions and examples in it , and is very good for AS too. But it might be too big for revision of 2 to three days, you also have to do past papers then!
btw Chris Mee book was designed specifically for revision.

Reaction score
The reason I avoid suggesting Pacific volume 1 and 2 to people at this stage of time, is that it contains a lot of Physics material. It has material since the syllabus of A level was different too. So you better know which things to skip in it, if you want to study from it. Lots of people discourage reading from that book, and I think that might be the reason. From experience, Pacific volume 1 and 2 is the best Physics book to study from, but that thing I mentioned is to be taken care of, and if you not, then it's kind of a waste. That's why I don't suggest Pacific volume 1 and 2 at this stage of time...
And past papers! Especially for AS Physics...

Reaction score
Sorry I misread your question... Didn't remember it was about Longman and CIe book. haven't read from Longman. :/ :p

Hahaha :D

No problem brother.

I just have to read 3 chapters from Book. Forces, some part of electricity and Waves. That's it.

Will go through my notes then and then pastpapers :D

Reaction score
Hahaha :D

No problem brother.

I just have to read 3 chapters from Book. Forces, some part of electricity and Waves. That's it.

Will go through my notes then and then pastpapers :D
do you have the book?

Reaction score
What do you think about Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 - Feynman? It is one of my favorite books. It provides a lot of special knowledge. You should try reading it.