• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1 math

Reaction score
HOPE IT HELPED :D

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 139
Reaction score
in the first part u wrote
1600>400a
why did u use the weight of only one of the boxes?

Reaction score
Because we are only talking abt lower box.....as the force is aplied only to it...the wieght of upper box would only be needed in calculating R in friction :D

Reaction score
will this be the case for any two objects ontop of each other ie. taking the mass of the lower box
and may i ask if the force was applied to the top box what would be the maximum acceleration.

Reaction score
use the concept of free body diagram....take lower mass in isolation...label forces acting on it.....friction b/w two boxes to ryt.....friction of whole object with ground........wachout i used the word whole object.....force p to left.....and normal force upwards....
do the same for upper block....forces....friction to left...well this goes against my perception of what shud happen but think this way since objects are moving forward....there must be a force on b which cause it to move forwards which is friction.....normal upwards and weight......

Reaction score
i have two questions
1)u said: there must be a force on b which cause it to move forwards
who said B is moving forwards all u know is the sliding motion
2)that doesnt explain why u would use the weight of only the bottom block when calculating the acceleration

any notes will be appreciated!

Reaction score
it is mentioned that they are accelerating in the forward direction....and no sliding takes place b/w upper and lower box.....
wat i told u is that take upper masss in isolation.....begin by labelling forces acting....there is a normal reaction equal to its weght and friction......if both boxes are moving forward this means that bothe upper and lower are moving forwards....upper one moves forward under effect of friction b/w the two blocks which acts in forward direction for upper one backward direction for lower one....i hope that helps...still in doubt..... post ur query.....

Reaction score
so say the upper mass was 200kg instead of 400 and the friction is the same(1600) how would u find the acceleration?

Reaction score
200 kg means normal will be 2000 N....SO FRICTION WILL CHANGE...IT WILL BE 2000 MULTIPY .4.....

Reaction score
im guessing its W
or maybe zero, but i dont think so
im not that good with mechanics