• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math 4024 Paper 1

Reaction score
To find the volume you have to multiply the area of segment with the height of cylinder, which is given. (Volume = base area x height) The depth isn't involved again. :)

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to solve the first two parts

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 102
Reaction score
for part a use phythogoras's theorem:

(l/2)^2 + (l/2)^2=r^2 just solve it further

for part b calculate the perimeter of square using the length shown in part a < cirum of circle that is 2pier and simplify

Reaction score
I assume that you are taking the height as r too, its wrong because the radius is touching the square not the circle. And your above calculation is wrong

Reaction score
YAr its easy.
Firstly check that how many triangles can be formed inside the square\. it would be 4. Now divide 360 by 4 to calculate how much part 0f 360 lies in each triangle. It would be 90
Now apply pythagoras theorem.
L^2=r^2+r^2
L^2=2r^2
L=Underroot 2 and r
Thats the solution for first part :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
Hey, do v need to do old pastpapers too, like frm classified or jst 2000 onwards is enf? nd i need help in tht nth term thing plz :)

Reaction score
ultraviolet said:
Hey, do v need to do old pastpapers too, like frm classified or jst 2000 onwards is enf? nd i need help in tht nth term thing plz :)
Past papers 2002 onwards would be enough, I think to give you practice and an idea of what sort of questions come in papers. For number sequences, refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4147

Reaction score
abc123 said:
I assume that you are taking the height as r too, its wrong because the radius is touching the square not the circle. And your above calculation is wrong
i have taking 2r as the diagonal of the square and the hypotenuse of the triangle. l is the base and the perpendicular.

Reaction score
hey can someone tell me the formulas that we need to memorise. thats the place where i loose marks. thanku!

Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• Formula book 2009%25283rd Edition%2529.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Reaction score
Nobody Answered my question :(

My question was...Any tips for preparing Maths Paper 1????
We cant use calculator....
Topics that mostly come in paper????

Reaction score
Look, ANY topic can come in paper 1! Check the syllabus thoroughly to ensure you are familiar with all of them. Solve a number of basic arithmetic questions (without a calculator) to get practice. Remember to use 'BODMAS' while solving simple arithmetic. Before answering the question, do a rough calculation in mind so that you know that the answer you have later found out is sensible. Estimation/approximation, upper and lower bounds, factorisation, time -involving problems are some typical examples of paper 1 questions.
Best of luck! :)

Reaction score
@rockstar do transformations, locus and bearing questions..they most of the time come..i recommend you to do topical for them..