• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math C1 Doubts !!

Reaction score
In this case you have to find the x-coordinate by using this formula: -b/2a (( mines B "over" 2*A))
Then you will be able to find the y-coordinate -by the given formula- by substituting the value of X in the formela
Note: "A" is the first number in the formula beside the x^2 if no number the it's value is 1
And "B" is the 2nd number in the formula beside the x
Eg: x^2-6x+18=0
Then "A = 1" and "B = -6"
-in this example the grape don't touch the x-access- so the vertex of the minimum point is : -(-6)/2*1= 3
There for x=3 substitute it in the formula :
Y= (3^2)-6(3)+16
Y= 9
SO the coordinate is (3, 9)
how to find the maximum??????????

T19

Reaction score
will C1 be different than the other years since both physics and chemistry did in jan 2013 ?????
:)
:)

Reaction score
- Sketch on the same diagram he graphs of y=(x-1)^2 (x-5) and y=8-2x
- explain how your diagram shows that there is only one solution, x,to
(x-1)^2 (x-5)=8-2x
- state the integer, n, such that
n<x<n+1

Reaction score
just wondering... when the questions ask for the differentiation answers in their simplest form, does it mean to give it as eg. x^-2 or as 1/x^2 ? very confused.

Reaction score
just wondering... when the questions ask for the differentiation answers in their simplest form, does it mean to give it as eg. x^-2 or as 1/x^2 ? very confused.
as 1/x^2 you can not leave negative powers when they ask for the simplest form. Honestly, i prefer 1/x^2 since you'll prolly use it later in the question.

Reaction score
(x-1)^2 (x-5)=8-2x
n<x<n+1
You say since there was only one intersection between the graphs, so only one solution

Reaction score
(x-1)^2 (x-5)=8-2x
n<x<n+1

For the number of solution is equal to the number of intersection between the tow graphs
And about sketching the graph I can't explain it here so I recommend that you visit :
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/C1/module.php

Go to "Graph Transformations" and some of the videos they have they are good

Reaction score
can some one plz help me
i cant do this question....the last part only where we have to find the area :
11. The line l1 passes through the points P(–1, 2) and Q(11, 8).
(a) Find an equation for l1 in the form y = mx + c, where m and c are constants.
(4)
The line l2 passes through the point R(10, 0) and is perpendicular to l1. The lines l1 and l2
intersect at the point S.
(b) Calculate the coordinates of S.
(5)
(c) Show that the length of RS is 3√5.
(2)
(d) Hence, or otherwise, find the exact area of triangle PQR.

Reaction score
C1 plzz help June 2012 question 9 e
:eek: i don't understand it at all
plzz tell me how did the ms solve it :/

http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m#69s89in22361s

It's always a good idea to drow a small sketch of the lines/curve -just to make things easier to work with-
After that you will find that the quadrilateral is two triangles use the give values and find the area of both triangles and add them together

Note: that the triangels are "ABC" and "ABE" add them together and be aware from the calculation-since calculator is not allowed-

Reaction score
Ask any question you have in math c1
And ill be happy to help
HEY! I've just done the C1 Maths paper... IT WAS SOO HARD!? WTF it was nothing like the past papers... i was getting 100% in those ones and in solomon papers as well.. the quesitions weren't how we expected it to be and it just completely threw me out of balance... all of the people in my maths class were baffled :/

Reaction score
Do you know which solomon papers are harder? like it gets harder as you move on from A to L?