• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics 9709 paper 12 how was it with you?

Reaction score
If you put f(x) equal to y, f inverse x isn't equal to the initial f(x) after making x the subject -.-

Reaction score
why are you making y the subject after putting f(X) equal to Y. We have to find F inverse x which would be found by making x the subject -/-

Reaction score
junaidaftab said:
If you put f(x) equal to y, f inverse x isn't equal to the initial f(x) after making x the subject -.-

IT IS NOT NECESSARY THAT F INVERSE X IS EQUAL TO FX FOR EVERY FUNCTION

Reaction score
Mine was great Alhamdullilah. The part where I think I messed up was where we had to find the range of f(x) where k = 2
The series/circular measures part was tricky too.

Reaction score
hey for the coordinate of c i got (6, 3)
to make sure i just need the coordinates of A and B thnx

Reaction score
junaidaftab said:
That's what you guys have written that f inverse x is the same as x+3/2x+1, not me. :|
because this was for this particular function...not 4 every :x

Reaction score
the f(x) ka inverse question was seriously weird. what i did was ff(x)=x so if you let f(x)=y, then y^2=x... so f inverse (x) is f(x) squared. which gave me a very weird answer that nobody else got :( how many marks was it worth anyway?

Reaction score
hey for coordinate of C i got 6,3 and im prety sure about it cann some1 gibve me coordinates of A and B

Reaction score
aaakhtar19 said:
hey everyone these r my
answers wt abt urs hv i got
anyone rong plz discuss

I got the same answers but I think my range answer was wrong. Do you guys think the Mechanics paper will be easy if P1 was hard?

Reaction score
Okay, I get you but let's try this. If you put x=2 then you get f(X)=1, hence the co-ordinates on the line being (1,2). This graph is NOT a graph of the line y=x and since inverse functions and the corresponding function are reflection of each others in the line y=x, then how can f inverse x equal to f(X). If you put y = x+3/2x+1. you will get x-3/1-2x which has the co-ordinates (2,1) on its line, showing that x-3/1-2x is the inverse of f(X). Ehh? :|

Reaction score
arlery said:
aaakhtar19 said:
hey everyone these r my
answers wt abt urs hv i got
anyone rong plz discuss

I got the same answers but I think my range answer was wrong. Do you guys think the Mechanics paper will be easy if P1 was hard?

my range was -1 ≤ x ≤ 7. i think this makes more sense than -1 ≤ x ≤ 3. the amplitude is 4 and it's axis is at y=3... so 3 + 4 = 7.

Reaction score
A(2,5)
B(10,9)

The correct co-ordinates of C were (3.6 and 1.8). I guess I made an error while solving the simultaneous equations and got 2.8 and 1.4. :(

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
hey for coordinate of C i got 6,3 and im prety sure about it cann some1 gibve me coordinates of A and B

i got C(6,3) too but i don't remember the co-ordinates for A and B. and i think (6,3) is the right answer... not (3.6,1)... i didn't get stuck in that question. it was easy. i'm pretty sure it's (6,3).

Reaction score
awwwwwww i done a mistake in simeltaneous equations damn it
will i still get marks for the distance tho