• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics 9709 paper 12 how was it with you?

Reaction score
Amna said:
ahmed t said:
hey for coordinate of C i got 6,3 and im prety sure about it cann some1 gibve me coordinates of A and B

i got C(6,3) too but i don't remember the co-ordinates for A and B. and i think (6,3) is the right answer... not (3.6,1)... i didn't get stuck in that question. it was easy. i'm pretty sure it's (6,3).

no C is not (6,3)

coz A was (2,5)
and b(10,9)

now solve the ans will surely be (18/5,9/5)

Reaction score
i wrote da volume in last ques as 136 8/15 pi... vil dis be correct? .... and i wrote da range of cos^2x as > -1 and < 3 and not as -1 < f(x) < 3.. so vil this be correct? Plz ans any1.. tensed..

Reaction score
Amna said:
arlery said:
aaakhtar19 said:
hey everyone these r my
answers wt abt urs hv i got
anyone rong plz discuss

I got the same answers but I think my range answer was wrong. Do you guys think the Mechanics paper will be easy if P1 was hard?

my range was -1 ≤ x ≤ 7. i think this makes more sense than -1 ≤ x ≤ 3. the amplitude is 4 and it's axis is at y=3... so 3 + 4 = 7.

it wud hv made a definite sense if the graph wud hv been of 3-4cos (x)
bt it was for 3-4cos^2(x)
its range is -1 to 3

Reaction score
Talha said:
i wrote da volume in last ques as 136 8/15 pi... vil dis be correct? .... and i wrote da range of cos^2x as > -1 and < 3 and not as -1 < f(x) < 3.. so vil this be correct? Plz ans any1.. tensed..

ya the volume is rite
and range will also b credited full
at least it shud be.. :good: :good:

Reaction score
aaakhtar19 said:
Amna said:
ahmed t said:
hey for coordinate of C i got 6,3 and im prety sure about it cann some1 gibve me coordinates of A and B

i got C(6,3) too but i don't remember the co-ordinates for A and B. and i think (6,3) is the right answer... not (3.6,1)... i didn't get stuck in that question. it was easy. i'm pretty sure it's (6,3).

no C is not (6,3)

coz A was (2,5)
and b(10,9)

now solve the ans will surely be (18/5,9/5)

aakhtar's rite i also got (18/5, 9/5 )!!!!

Reaction score
YAYYYY !! So that means I only messed up the range part [inshAllah] I'll get 70+ :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
In the question, when they said to draw the graph of cosx...the range was till pie....i constructed it till 2pie....so it would be accepted or considered to be wrong...???

Reaction score
urgh yeah now that i solve it... WHAT was i thinking during the paperrr??? kill me. that was so easy!
same for the range. aarrghhh and i thought the paper went good!!
well, atleast now i'm expecting less than an a. otherwise i'd have been disappointed at the time of the result :/

Reaction score
Ahk! I couldnt get how to solve the quadratic qs at all during the exam! :( It turns out to be a really simple qs! :( :( Messed up on the angle with the x-axis question as well, and the f^-1, postion vector of OD... And I gave only 1 solution for the cos^2 question! Gonna loose like 15 marks! Ouch! :( :/

Reaction score
The paper was good! I gave only the positive solution of cos^-1. This and my graph with black pen was slightly shaky.
Expecting an even better Mechanics paper! :D

Reaction score
i hope mechanics and statistics go well cause im aiming for an A*
i made only 2 silly mistakes in this exam one in simeltaneous and another in last question and im really pissed cause i had the time to revise but i didnt bother

Reaction score
aaakhtar19 said:
hey everyone these r my
answers wt abt urs hv i got
anyone rong plz discuss
Hey.. all of my answers tally with ur.. just the vector mai mjhai lag ra hai koi -ive b likh aya hun.. but... F inverse ka mera x-3/2x-1 aya tha y use kar k.. nd if u put any value in this equation to domain and range inverse and function ki match karti hai so i'm sure k mine is write.. IDK k shayad tumhara b theek ho.. as he said using the answer to part 1.. acha wo r = 16 kya hai.. mjhai part nai yaad a ra.. plz tell me.. tension ho rai hai k kuch chor to nai aya

Reaction score
The angle is 71.5 or 108.5 ! it didn't say acute or obtuse..so both are correcy

Reaction score
it was gud apart from some silly mistakes....which i regret now :( but overall its was guddie gud :crazy: