• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics 9709 paper 12 how was it with you?

Reaction score
Amna said:
arlery said:
aaakhtar19 said:
hey everyone these r my
answers wt abt urs hv i got
anyone rong plz discuss

I got the same answers but I think my range answer was wrong. Do you guys think the Mechanics paper will be easy if P1 was hard?

my range was -1 ≤ x ≤ 7. i think this makes more sense than -1 ≤ x ≤ 3. the amplitude is 4 and it's axis is at y=3... so 3 + 4 = 7.

amna, my range was the same -1 ≤ x ≤ 7 !!!

Reaction score
I got the same answers but I think my range answer was wrong. Do you guys think the Mechanics paper will be easy if P1 was hard?[/quote]

my range was -1 ≤ x ≤ 7. i think this makes more sense than -1 ≤ x ≤ 3. the amplitude is 4 and it's axis is at y=3... so 3 + 4 = 7.[/quote]

it wud hv made a definite sense if the graph wud hv been of 3-4cos (x)
bt it was for 3-4cos^2(x)
its range is -1 to 3[/quote]

wrong! it was when k=1 when 3-4cos^k(x), it was in q(9),(b)(ii)

Reaction score
For all whose range was -1 to 7
Range of cosx= -1 to 1
therefore range of cos^2 x...would be 0 to 1...because sqr of 1 and -1 would be 1...then the least value wud be 0
now....if u put 1 and 0 in 3-4cos^2 x,,,,,you'll get....-1 to 3
got it!!! :)

Reaction score
ks136 said:
For all whose range was -1 to 7
Range of cosx= -1 to 1
therefore range of cos^2 x...would be 0 to 1...because sqr of 1 and -1 would be 1...then the least value wud be 0
now....if u put 1 and 0 in 3-4cos^2 x,,,,,you'll get....-1 to 3
got it!!! :)

That is 100% correct

Reaction score
you guys thing the grading scale will be low for this exam....cuz it was pretty damn tough......

Reaction score
Why is the tangent angle 71.6, the gradient was negative 3 so the angle was obtuse as in 180-71.6.........no?

Reaction score
Guys The Exam was soo hard am so redoing it on Nov

For Who done it all corrictly they are geniuses and it seems that the fourm are full of geniuses lol

Reaction score
Feelguud77 said:
Why is the tangent angle 71.6, the gradient was negative 3 so the angle was obtuse as in 180-71.6.........no?

That gradient makes 2 angles with its interception with the x-axis..the acute one and the obtuse one..since the question didn't clearly say calculate the acute/obtuse angle that this tangent makes with the x-axis, therefore both answers are correct ! because it makes with the x-axis angle 71.6 and 180-71.6

Reaction score
Adham-amr said:
Feelguud77 said:

That gradient makes 2 angles with its interception with the x-axis..the acute one and the obtuse one..since the question didn't clearly say calculate the acute/obtuse angle that this tangent makes with the x-axis, therefore both answers are correct ! because it makes with the x-axis angle 71.6 and 180-71.6

Both answers are correct but if u will notice the previous ms they prefer acute angles.

Reaction score
24 hours later: :p
I'm really starting to hate this XPF rules say that 24 hours have to pass and shit it's of no god damn use... Well, i've found the paper to be excruciating.. I mean i literally got raped by the exam guyz... I screwed up every question except the one with the expansion.. :D I mean i've solved questions from 1980s and this.. Oh it defines a whole new era for AS Pure Mathematics.. I think i'm gonna do it again in november. And by the way i'm no failure i had 4 A*s and 3A s in O'levels in one session so i'm used to hard exams but this.... Got to go now, gonna sue CIE... :) :D :p

Reaction score
U mean by subjects i have taken in A LEVELS?..Accounting,maths and Business
Why were u curious?....AngelOfDeath